Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've finally submitted the visa application, I'm just a bit confused as to why when I log in his parents are listed on the left hand side underneath our names, as though they're part of the application. Is this normal? It's also allowing them to upload the 60 documents under their name? I went through the application after he did it and I can't see why this would be.

Secondly, as the sponsor, where do I fill out my part? Do I do it on the paper form and upload it? Thank you

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that the parents were included as non-migrating dependents, as all dependents listed in the application, migrating or not , will appear in the online list of applicants. Non-migrating dependents may have to pass character and health requirements.

In my view, you are better off lodging the sponsor application online, but you can attach a scanned copy of the signed and dated paper form 40 SP instead, if you prefer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've found the sponsor form so ill do that shortly.

I can't understand why they'd be listed as dependants. I've read his application over and over and I can't see anything that's incorrect. I'm 14th caller waiting on the phone so hopefully they can clear it up. His parents definitely aren't dependants and have zero intentions of ever moving to Australia so fingers crossed they can sort it.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I've found the sponsor form so ill do that shortly.

I can't understand why they'd be listed as dependants. I've read his application over and over and I can't see anything that's incorrect. I'm 14th caller waiting on the phone so hopefully they can clear it up. His parents definitely aren't dependants and have zero intentions of ever moving to Australia so fingers crossed they can sort it.
I wouldn't worry about it. I have this sort of thing happen as well. If they are not included as dependents, then there should be no issue.If it is a system thing, you may be better off contacting E-Services rather than wasting your time in a phone queue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got off the phone with them and they said to ignore it. However I am trying to fill out my 40SP and I'm not getting very far because this keeps popping up.

"The related application details provided cannot be verified, check the details and amend if necessary. The applicant will not be able to continue and should review the eligibility information on our website."

Have I done something wrong or do I need to wait until his application is "received" rather than just "submitted"?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I just got off the phone with them and they said to ignore it. However I am trying to fill out my 40SP and I'm not getting very far because this keeps popping up.

"The related application details provided cannot be verified, check the details and amend if necessary. The applicant will not be able to continue and should review the eligibility information on our website."

Have I done something wrong or do I need to wait until his application is "received" rather than just "submitted"?

Thanks
Have you paid for and lodged the partner visa application? You cannot lodge the sponsor application, until the partner visa application has been lodged.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just updating this incase anyone stumbles across it looking for the same information - Just had to wait for his application to change from "submitted" to "received" :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.