Australia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i am Josh from Perth, Western Australia.
I am just trying to gather information about getting my fiancé over here to Perth from Japan? Like i know we need a visa and exemption, but what visa? Can we get a tourist one?? Can someone please help me, it would be so appreciated. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, i am Josh from Perth, Western Australia.
I am just trying to gather information about getting my fiancé over here to Perth from Japan? Like i know we need a visa and exemption, but what visa? Can we get a tourist one?? Can someone please help me, it would be so appreciated. Thank you so much.
My husband also from Perth, I recently got my partner visa. This is my agent in Perth.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Hi Josh, a tourist visa is not a problem as such,but the travel exemption is. Unless you have evidence that your partner is an immediate family member (meaning you have the sort of evidence that is required for a partner visa), she is unlikely to get a travel exemption at the moment. Partner visas are being processed relatively quick at the moment, but it really depends on your relationship history and evidence whether this is a viable option for you.

Reactions: aussiesteve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Josh, a tourist visa is not a problem as such,but the travel exemption is. Unless you have evidence that your partner is an immediate family member (meaning you have the sort of evidence that is required for a partner visa), she is unlikely to get a travel exemption at the moment. Partner visas are being processed relatively quick at the moment, but it really depends on your relationship history and evidence whether this is a viable option for you.
Thank you so much for your information, it's appreciated. (y)
We have been together for over 2 years now dating back to may 2019. I have stayed at her house in Japan, she has stayed at my house in Perth. We were meant to get married last year, but covid19 happened. We got so much evidence that we have been in contact with each other every day throughout the 2 years we have been together. We just want certainty before we apply for her to come here, you obviously have knowledge so that i am confident in your words. Thank you again for your reply.

·
Premium Member
6,600 Posts
Thank you so much for your information, it's appreciated. (y)
We have been together for over 2 years now dating back to may 2019. I have stayed at her house in Japan, she has stayed at my house in Perth. We were meant to get married last year, but covid19 happened. We got so much evidence that we have been in contact with each other every day throughout the 2 years we have been together. We just want certainty before we apply for her to come here, you obviously have knowledge so that i am confident in your words. Thank you again for your reply.
If you think you can meet the requirements for "immediate family member" (see: Coming to Australia | COVID-19 and the border), a tourist visa application is only $ 145.00 and a travel exemption request is free, so may be worth giving it a go.

If that fails, consider sc. 309/100- or sc. 300 visas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts