Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Me & My husband along with our son are trying to migrate to Australia. Both of us are civil engineers.

1.Is there any option to migrate under employer sponsership? if so how exactly r the procedure for applying the visa?

2.If we r applying for a skilled independent visa, how long will the whole procedure take?

3. I learnt that the engineers australia will assess our certificates. And conduct an online interview?
will anybody be able to guide us on what topics will they prepare the questions? coz the subjects we learn for 4 years is quite a lot. so if some prior knowledge on the typical questions will help us a lot.

we r still confused as to which type of visa we should apply for?

or is it something we keep on applying for sponsered jobs until something turns positive?

thank you in advance.

sk

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You'll see within the 'workers' section of Visas and Immigration on Department of Immigration & Citizenship that there will a separation into independent visas or employer sponsored visas.

All visas have subsections that include eligibility and applying for the visa with a lot of sub links - read all the information and you'll understand the process for either independent or employer sponsored and for the latter you'll need to find an employment offer with an eligible employer.

The IEA web site has a section on assessments and if no detail there re assessment interview I'd email them to see what additional information you can get.

If you get qualifications approved you may want to see about getting a state nomination 176 Visa as that would have you at head of processing priority for a standard 175 application could take a while, even longer if the government makes further changes because of economics trending worse.
Have a read of second sticky thread at top of our section re government latest announcements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.