Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I need to make an enquiry about my visa.

I have lived in Sydney for 3 years with the student visa and lived with my boyfriend from New Zealand for 2 years in Sydney. We applied 2 weeks ago in Sydney for the 461 defacto visa but unfortunately, it was invalid for sending it to the wrong method. We weren´t aware of the situation for 1 week until I decided to find it out going to immigration and it was 2 days after my student visa expired. I tried to send the application again but because I was unlawful they just gave me the option of applying for the bridging visa E but I couldn´t apply for the defacto visa for not being a substantive visa. Therefore, by not having many options I decided to fly to New Zealand for 1 month and try to apply for the tourist visa or 461 visas.
What I would really like to know if it is better to apply for the tourist visa but I'm afraid it could be denied for living in Sydney or it would better apply directly fo the 461 from New Zealand and how much time it could take or try to come back to Australia with student visa again. I would be very grateful for any advice, this is a very delicate situation and I don´t really know what to do. Thank you

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to see what visa strategies you might be able to develop? Any of the RMAs who post on this forum can be relied upon.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You certainly have a few issues to sort out here.

Having supplied an invalid application, being unlawful in Australia and trying to apply for a Visitor Visa tells me you must consult with a good RMA.

Did they advise you of any ban period for visa applications?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.