Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intending to immigrate to Australia with my fiance after i've finished my degree at university and we've pretty much had positive signs that we can go with no trouble.

However, i've just had an examination by my doctor who has told me I now have herpes (given to me by my fiances coldsore, not happy). Is this going to have any effect on my application process? Am I going to be refused a working visa because of it?

I didnt even think about it until I got home and remembered that there was something in the news about UK travelers being 'infested' with STI's. I'm hugely annoyed/dissapointed/angry/upest about getting it from something so simple but hey, what's done is done.

I just really need to know that I'm not going to have a huge goal of my life taken away because of it. Sorry for the desperate plea, but any info would be extremely welcome!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'm intending to immigrate to Australia with my fiance after i've finished my degree at university and we've pretty much had positive signs that we can go with no trouble.

However, i've just had an examination by my doctor who has told me I now have herpes (given to me by my fiances coldsore, not happy). Is this going to have any effect on my application process? Am I going to be refused a working visa because of it?

I didnt even think about it until I got home and remembered that there was something in the news about UK travelers being 'infested' with STI's. I'm hugely annoyed/dissapointed/angry/upest about getting it from something so simple but hey, what's done is done.

I just really need to know that I'm not going to have a huge goal of my life taken away because of it. Sorry for the desperate plea, but any info would be extremely welcome!
I'm far from being an expert on medical conditions but isn't herpes one of less serious transmittable problems.
All medical cases are ultimately for medical professionals to assess and if it is viewed that treatment costs whenever necessary are not going to be a significant issue, then it may not prevent immigration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not one of the biggies when it comes to things that can be caught (as far as i know, I'm not an expert on these things) but I was just worried that it could be an issue and could count against me when it comes to the health check. I've been doing stupidly large amounts of research and I'm hoping (from what i've read so far) that it won't create any problems.

Is there anyone who I could contact to get a definate answer from? Or atleast information that isn't so woolly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow i just reread that and in no way am I saying that you're response was 'woolly'! Just some of the websites I've read havent been very helpful at all lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.