Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening everyone,*

I I do hold an Italian passport and I am planning to visit (for a couple of weeks) Australia in May together with my wife who hold a Sri Lankan passport and a Schengen VISA (not sure whether*this make any difference ...it does for some countries).*

Question is what type of VISA she is supposed to apply for? I understand that for myself I can apply for the 651 VISA but I am not so sure about my wife.*

I have looked up on australia.gov.au and the website suggest to apply for a*subclass 600 VISA. Just wanna check with you too if this is correct and/or if I am missing anything.

One more question. Once the VISA has been approved/issued*am I good to go or I am supposed to request/apply for anything else? To go to the States, for istance, you need to apply for the ESTA as well, does Australia have something similar?

Thanks in advance for your help.*

Good night everybody.*

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Good evening everyone,*

I I do hold an Italian passport and I am planning to visit (for a couple of weeks) Australia in May together with my wife who hold a Sri Lankan passport and a Schengen VISA (not sure whether*this make any difference ...it does for some countries).*

Question is what type of VISA she is supposed to apply for? I understand that for myself I can apply for the 651 VISA but I am not so sure about my wife.*

I have looked up on australia.gov.au and the website suggest to apply for a*subclass 600 VISA. Just wanna check with you too if this is correct and/or if I am missing anything.

One more question. Once the VISA has been approved/issued*am I good to go or I am supposed to request/apply for anything else? To go to the States, for istance, you need to apply for the ESTA as well, does Australia have something similar?

Thanks in advance for your help.*

Good night everybody.*
Yes, subclass 600 Visitor visa is the one for your wife.

Once the visa is granted, there is nothing else to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, thanks very much for your prompt reply. It is very much appreciated.

Great and do*we need to visit an Australian Embassy at some point to provide them with the requested documents or it is possible to do all the process online? Just wondering whether we should already process the application.*

If you don't mind I would like to ask about New Zealand as well. I have got the the same questions, plan is to go also there*for a week. Do you have any clue?

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.