Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
i have been in an online relationship with a guy i met on the internet we have been 'together' since May last year and are preparing to meet for the first time.
He is from the UAE and I am Australian. He is planning on coming over for 3 months. I am not able to provide accomodation for him as i am living with parents but i have a friend of mine who has her own home and said she is more than happy to write a letter to advise she is happy to provide accomodation for his entire stay.
Just wanted to know, am i able to write a letter stating that we are in an online relationship and are meeting for the first time but unable to provide accomodation for him and have my friend write a letter of invite stating she is the one providing accomodation?
Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The onus will be on your friend to provide evidence that he has sufficient funds to support himself during his stay and that he has sufficicient incentive to return home. There is no harm in providing the proposed statement, but I don’t think it will carry much weight, if any. Visitor visas from the UAE are very hard to come by.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Some high risk countries it is near impossible to get Visitor Visa's to Australia for.

From CCMS's post (a Register Migration Agent) it seems UAE might be one of them very similar to Ukraine.

I first meet my Ukrainian partner at the time, in Vietnam easy for both of us to get visas there.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Is he Emirati or another nationaity? I know they have aot of foreigners work in UAE.
Valid point. It seems to be nearly impossible to get visitor visas for foreign works residing temporarily in the UAE.

Reactions: Mish

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dubai’s consulate is the worst, but if he’s an Emarati he shouldn’t be worried. I would not mention the online relashionship if I were you.
He can just apply for a regular tourist visa and provide sufficient evidence of (incentives to return), such as job contract, pay slips, vacation approval, letter from employer, ownership of property or business etc

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I expect most if not all Emirati would not stay at friends houses but pre book the nearest good hotel, probably on the government department they work for credit card.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I expect most if not all Emirati would not stay at friends houses but pre book the nearest good hotel, probably on the government department they work for credit card.
Yes very true! Interesting you bring the the staying at a friends place, generally people from that region will not stay at a house with another person in the same house as their girlfriend/fiance/wife etc they would stay in a hotel or their own apartment before that happens. They will only stay with another male if a female is not staying with them.

UAE is one of countries where living with the opposite sex is not allowed prior to marriage.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Dubai's consulate is the worst, but if he's an Emarati he shouldn't be worried. I would not mention the online relashionship if I were you.
He can just apply for a regular tourist visa and provide sufficient evidence of (incentives to return), such as job contract, pay slips, vacation approval, letter from employer, ownership of property or business etc
The issue then becomes if they apply for a partner visa down the track and it has not been mentioned that he knows her in Australia.

As AMPK said I would also guess he is not Emirati because an Emirati would be able to afford to stay in a 5 star hotel.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I met a South African years ago when I first met my Ukrainian online partner in Vietnam. We stayed at the same great family hotel very near the Hanoi airport, they arrived we were leaving. As then I was a smoker and so were they we became friends as I did time in southern Africa.

My partner left way before I did almost 24 hrs so we enjoyed a few beers over smokes, they were planning where to go and I had just been (the package offered by a family guy of the hotel was cheap and great for them).

Well me being not bright turned up to my flight 2 hours before it landed in Australia, not 2 hors before it departed Vietnam, So I had an extra day with these guys.

I stayed at him and his girlfriends place for a night or two when I went to meet my partner on one of their visits to Australia.

I still chat often with him and things have not changed much even with the massive drop in oil prices.

From what I saw and what he explained and what seems to be. UAE can control your sole unless you are a male citizen.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
From what I saw and what he explained and what seems to be. UAE can control your sole unless you are a male citizen.
You will find that it is not just UAE other Arab/Middle Eastern countries are the same. The male citizen can end up in jail if caught in any of the countries. It is probably why they go to Bali/Thailand etc to meet the person that they met online.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.