Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a friend who's a Filipino national, 25 years old and wants to come to Australia on a tourist (600) visa for a while (3 months initially).

She has been working in Lebanon for the last 4 years on a valid working visa. She started work there in May 2015, returned to Philippines for a vacation for a couple of weeks in May 2017 before returning to Lebanon.

Her current passport expires in December but she's going to be renewing that shortly while still in Lebanon.

Do you see any issues with her obtaining a Tourist (600) visa for 3 months visit and travelling directly from Lebanon to Australia?

Many thanks for anyones' opinion on this.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Hi everyone.

I have a friend who's a Filipino national, 25 years old and wants to come to Australia on a tourist (600) visa for a while (3 months initially).

She has been working in Lebanon for the last 4 years on a valid working visa. She started work there in May 2015, returned to Philippines for a vacation for a couple of weeks in May 2017 before returning to Lebanon.

Her current passport expires in December but she's going to be renewing that shortly while still in Lebanon.

Do you see any issues with her obtaining a Tourist (600) visa for 3 months visit and travelling directly from Lebanon to Australia?

Many thanks for anyones' opinion on this.
Having travel experience, and a working visa overseas, does help in getting a visitor visa.

I've known Filipinas that have got a 600 visa with much less, so would assume she would have little trouble.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Just seeking confirmation that there is no negative aspect in applying for a Visitor Visa and travelling from while outside of your country of nationality?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am from Mexico and been living and working in China the last 7 years. I've applied for 3 tourist 600 visitor visas in the last 4 years and I never had a problem with it. its good if she can supply a letter from her employer and copy of her work visa. I had one tourist visa processed in Canada, one in China and one in South Korea. I guess they dont always get processed in the country of residence ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have asked earlier. The other concern we have is proving her reason not to overstay her visa, which appears to be the biggest chance of having her application denied. Whilst she has been working in Lebanon for almost 4 years and her working visa is still valid until August, she doesn't intend on returning there. She doesn't have any work lined up for her return to the Philippines, she is thinking of studying maybe in June if she returns early enough, otherwise in 2020. She doesn't have any major assets in the Philippines (her family home is in the regional areas).

How much of a blocker will this be? Would expression of interest in study courses for her return be of assistance/enough? And does the initial length of stay in Australia play a big part in approval decisions about the visas (for example, 3 weeks compared to 3 months indication of length of stay) despite the application being for a standard 3 month tourist visa?

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Should have asked earlier. The other concern we have is proving her reason not to overstay her visa, which appears to be the biggest chance of having her application denied. Whilst she has been working in Lebanon for almost 4 years and her working visa is still valid until August, she doesn't intend on returning there. She doesn't have any work lined up for her return to the Philippines, she is thinking of studying maybe in June if she returns early enough, otherwise in 2020. She doesn't have any major assets in the Philippines (her family home is in the regional areas).

How much of a blocker will this be? Would expression of interest in study courses for her return be of assistance/enough? And does the initial length of stay in Australia play a big part in approval decisions about the visas (for example, 3 weeks compared to 3 months indication of length of stay) despite the application being for a standard 3 month tourist visa?
Before we married, my wife got a 3 month visitor visa to Australia without any job, or even any real ties to the Philippines. The application stated that she wanted to see what Australia was like. She had travelled overseas before though, but only in Asia.

So, it is possible, but not everyone may be as lucky.

Mentioning her plan to return to the Philippines, after a holiday in Australia, and then her intention to study (indicating what she will study) when back home in the Philippines, might help. A pre booked course might help?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My contract with my work ends this July although my work visa is valid until Dec 2019 but they essentially cancel my work permit when I leave my job. I submitted an application for a tourist 600 visa just this past November 2018 and I applied for a 3 month multiple entry visa cause I have plans to visit my fiance in February for 2 weeks and again in July after I finish my contract. In the section where it asks whats the reason for requesting multiple entry i just said exactly that, i was planning on visiting him again in July once my contract with my work was over but I didn't have the exact dates yet. Even though I will be out of a job and no plans on returning to my country of citizenship yet, i still got a 12 month, multiple entry visa granted (3 months each stay).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.