1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and good day.

I would like to ask some question

I'm a 21 years boy

I Came here to australia on a valid visitor visa for 12 months and then I applied for asylum ,

I would like to know if i can apply for Bridging visa A with work rights ?

because i live here alone and i don't have family or any similar thing in Australia I'm alone here and is real that i can apply for that visa because the lawyers say much things but i do not know what believe ...

thanks everyone

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello and good day.

I would like to ask some question

I'm a 21 years boy

I Came here to australia on a valid visitor visa for 12 months and then I applied for asylum ,

I would like to know if i can apply for Bridging visa A with work rights ?

because i live here alone and i don't have family or any similar thing in Australia I'm alone here and is real that i can apply for that visa because the lawyers say much things but i do not know what believe ...

thanks everyone
When did you apply for protection? Was it online? You should have received BVA immediately if your application was valid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i applied 1 week ago, my application was successful with the BVA but they did not give me work rights and i do not have any economic source because i do not have family or friends in Australia, i do not know what to do now, if a apply again for the work right or what ...

thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know if this applies in your case, but according to the Human Rights Commission website: "Conditions which may be attached to the bridging visas granted to asylum seekers may also include a prohibition on working. Currently, asylum seekers who arrived in Australia by boat on or after 13 August 2012 and are granted bridging visas are not permitted to work."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.