Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just lodged online my brother and nephew's visa application. It is convenient but the scanner had to work hard for all the pdf copies to be uploaded. :)

I have invited my mother, sisters and niece in the past (since 2010) but under the general tourist visa only. I believe that choosing a family sponsored visa would strengthen the application since my brother doesn't have a full-time job (nurse) since 2012. My nephew is a student (age 11).

I have stated in the invitation letter that their visit of <3 mos is a graduation gift for my nephew who is finishing Year 6 (class valedictorian).

Anyhow, my query is - does it really take 6 weeks for decision to be made? As said, just lodged today and because of a recent airfare sale, already bought tickets for them to leave the Philippines on 30 April. So understandably, a bit worried that the decision won't be out before such date although I've stated that in my letter to DIBP as well.

Appreciate your feedback please if you recently applied for this visa... so I can stay calm :D :eek:

Thank you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
did u get an acknoledgement yet. how come did you apply online, itt would not letr me i had to apply for my parents visa , i did the paper based application (which is the only way possible if applying from aus onshore). did u apply online from aus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kunalbali,

When I applied on the day (25 Mar) I received an acknowledgement email/letter from DIBP.

Yes, this was done online via immiaccount.

You have to create an account to be able to submit an application and upload the documents required.

And yes, I made the application from Australia but the sponsored visitors (brother and nephew) are overseas.

It took a little over a week to process and this was around Easter break.

Lodged - 25 Mar 15
Case officer asked for copies of documents (proof of evidence as clarification) - 2 Apr 15
Visa granted - 7 Apr 15

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Kunalbali,

When I applied on the day (25 Mar) I received an acknowledgement email/letter from DIBP.

You have to create an account to be able to submit an application and upload the documents required.

And yes, I made the application from Australia but the sponsored visitors (brother and nephew) are overseas.

Lodged - 25 Mar 15
Case officer asked for copies of documents (proof of evidence as clarification) - 2 Apr 15
Visa granted - 7 Apr 15
Hi Thanks for replying. congrats for the visa. yea I got the acknowledgement also but its showing in progress been over a week now. may be I guess there is a wait for the paper based application. they received my application on 25th and I already imported on immiaccount..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Kunalbali,

Lodged - 25 Mar 15
Visa granted - 7 Apr 15
also were u asked for any bond

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Thanks for replying. congrats for the visa. yea I got the acknowledgement also but its showing in progress been over a week now. may be I guess there is a wait for the paper based application. they received my application on 25th and I already imported on immiaccount..
hi , i just checked and family sponsored visa subclass 600 can't be applied online from australia. wondering how were u able to apply online

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi , i just checked and family sponsored visa subclass 600 can't be applied online from australia.

He just imported his paper application into immiaccount, havent applied online
Hi Tiger Ali,

any idea - i submitted paper application and imported it on immi account and its not showing any of my attachments. i am under the inmpression, if i have submitted a paper application, i dont have to attach the docs online, not sure if thats delaying my application as i have not heard anything from them yet. this is the 4rth week today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Tiger Ali,

any idea - i submitted paper application and imported it on immi account and its not showing any of my attachments. i am under the inmpression, if i have submitted a paper application, i dont have to attach the docs online, not sure if thats delaying my application as i have not heard anything from them yet. this is the 4rth week today.
Hi.
Just want to ask the progress of your application? I have lodge my husband tourist visa through sponsored family stream las March 17 2015. And no news still as of the moment..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi.
Just want to ask the progress of your application? I have lodge my husband tourist visa through sponsored family stream las March 17 2015. And no news still as of the moment..
Sorry for that iam not mch aware of how paper imported application appear in immiacount as to whether it should show attach docs or not---Other seniors can anwer

For which country you hve applied?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi.
hi joy_ramal,

My application status is "assessment in progress". I called but yea was asked to wait 4-6 weeks, thats the processing time showing on the website. may be there are lot of applications in queue. i have applied the family sponsored visa for my parents from India. have you imported your application on immi account?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FYI...

I think mine was processed quickly because it's < 3 months? How long is your intended stay?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi joy_ramal,

My application status is "assessment in progress". I called but yea was asked to wait 4-6 weeks, thats the processing time showing on the website. may be there are lot of applications in queue. i have applied the family sponsored visa for my parents from India. have you imported your application on immi account?
yes. application was done thru online.. this is the 5th week and no news up to now..I applied for my husband from Philippines.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yes. application was done thru online.. this is the 5th week and no news up to now..I applied for my husband from Philippines.
hmm..might need to wait another week then. is it showing "in progress" on immi account..which processing centre did u send the application to..could be lot of applications in the queue then..i am in the 4rth week now and waiting..have u tried calling them

·
Registered
261 Posts
hmm..might need to wait another week then. is it showing "in progress" on immi account..which processing centre did u send the application to..could be lot of applications in the queue then..i am in the 4rth week now and waiting..have u tried calling them
Time its taking miGHt be Due to the que.. Otherwise it didnt take that long , anyways time they hve mentioned from india is apprx 4weeks, so dont worry you wil get it soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.