Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am planning to get my mother and her brother (my uncle) to come here in Oz to visit us most likely for maximum of 3-4 months as its been a while they have not seen / meet us. My questions is:

Which visitor visa is best in our circumstances - would it be the Tourist Stream or Family Sponsored Stream?

Here are the circumstances:
1. My mother is around 67 and a single parent and her brother is around 63
2. Her brother (my uncle) is intellectually disabled (like a 5 year old kid) and dependent upon my mother both financially and his day-to-day self-care needs.
3. He has been living with us since last around 17+ years. My mother cannot travel alone while leaving her brother there as no one else can take care of him, however he is physically healthy.
4. I along with my wife and 2 kids have been migrated to Oz on a PR in early 2016 on a skilled migration
5. Technically speaking, they will be self-sponsored as any properties, bank account etc. are in my mother’s name held in Pakistan.
6. I do not have any job here at the moment, however, my wife has a permanent job in childcare since more than one year.
7. My mother is retired from her work and is currently taking good care of my uncle (her brother) and also doing some voluntary work there
8. We can bear and will be responsible for the expenses they will incur here (i..e food, accommodation etc)

I really hope that someone could help me on this. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Applied my Mother in Law’s Visa on 16 April 2018, as my Wife is Expecting. Its been over 45 calendar days and the only response from them was Medical request which was done 3 Weeks ago, within two days after the request. Still, no response is given from the Department. They have updated the Medical and it just says no further details required. Its been over three weeks since then and my agent have emailed them twice for a response. Why are they taking so long, its so frustrating, knowing for a fact that a Medical Letter from the GP was provided as its an urgent Medical care requirement. With this sort of delays, I am afraid how much more time they will take to response 😞😞

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.