Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My partner and i have been granted a three year tourist visa (600) all our children live in Australia and we want to spent time with them and travel. We applied back in early March and our visas came through in a week.( we did expect it to take much longer)
We cannot leave the UK until the end of September due to commitments and we applied when we did so we can sort out our house to rent while we are away.
My main question is that the three year visa was granted in March but i informed that the visa is activated on entry to Australia, does this mean the three years start on the date the visa was granted or on visa activation on entering Australia.
I would be most grateful for any information.
Cheers Bob

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi All,
My partner and i have been granted a three year tourist visa (600) all our children live in Australia and we want to spent time with them and travel. We applied back in early March and our visas came through in a week.( we did expect it to take much longer)
We cannot leave the UK until the end of September due to commitments and we applied when we did so we can sort out our house to rent while we are away.
My main question is that the three year visa was granted in March but i informed that the visa is activated on entry to Australia, does this mean the three years start on the date the visa was granted or on visa activation on entering Australia.
I would be most grateful for any information.
Cheers Bob
The visa will have a last entry date. It will also have a maximum stay period. If it is a multiple entry visa,on each entry that maximum stay period will start and you can enter as many times as you want before the last entry date.

If the visa was granted in March 2018, it will presumably allow multiple entries until the same date in March in 2021.

Note that you will normally not be allowed to spend more than 12 months in a 18 month period on tourist visas in Australia, so make sure you plan well. You can't spend the entire 3 years in Australia.

Reactions: bobatten

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visitor visa 600

Many thanks Nick for your information.
Please could you clarify the following info taken from my VEVO:

Visa Grant Date: 14th March 2018
Visa expiry date: 14th March 2021
Visa Status: In effect
Entries Allowed: Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of you visa.
Must not arrive after: 14th March 2021
Period of stay: 12 months on each arrival

So if i arrive back in Australia, say from NZ on the 13th March 2021 how long can i stay then.
Cheers Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.