Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Community

My Girlfriend's first Working Holiday Visa finishes on the 28/12/17 and i would like to ask with regards to help on how to go about applying for a holiday visa at the end of the stay, below is the reasoning for the extension and other factors that might be helpful in determining if the application has merit.

The reason that we want to apply for a holiday visa at the end of her WHV is that we want to spend New Years Eve in Sydney, and if allowed spend summer here traveling in between my work.

*She's a South Korean Citizen.
*Activated her visa on the 28/12/16 but only stayed 1 month than come over against to Sydney at the end of July until present, so total time being in Australia would have been 6 months (I believe this is important as i read that you cannot stay for a total period of 12months in an 18month window).
*My financial situation is stable so she doesn't need to work and has not been using her WHV to work anyway, just as a means to stay in Sydney while we been traveling around NSW and overseas.

I have also read that i should apply for a Bridging visa, do i understand correctly that Bridging Visa is automatically granted when we apply for the tourist visa? and if so should we apply for the tourist visa at the last minute?

Our future plans would be to stay in Sydney for summer and after go Korea together than travel Europe.

I want to do everything legally and correctly so any help on when i should apply and advice how to be successful with the application would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Dear Community

My Girlfriend's first Working Holiday Visa finishes on the 28/12/17 and i would like to ask with regards to help on how to go about applying for a holiday visa at the end of the stay, below is the reasoning for the extension and other factors that might be helpful in determining if the application has merit.

The reason that we want to apply for a holiday visa at the end of her WHV is that we want to spend New Years Eve in Sydney, and if allowed spend summer here traveling in between my work.

*She's a South Korean Citizen.
*Activated her visa on the 28/12/16 but only stayed 1 month than come over against to Sydney at the end of July until present, so total time being in Australia would have been 6 months (I believe this is important as i read that you cannot stay for a total period of 12months in an 18month window).
*My financial situation is stable so she doesn't need to work and has not been using her WHV to work anyway, just as a means to stay in Sydney while we been traveling around NSW and overseas.

I have also read that i should apply for a Bridging visa, do i understand correctly that Bridging Visa is automatically granted when we apply for the tourist visa? and if so should we apply for the tourist visa at the last minute?

Our future plans would be to stay in Sydney for summer and after go Korea together than travel Europe.

I want to do everything legally and correctly so any help on when i should apply and advice how to be successful with the application would be very appreciated.
Has she carried out the specified work needed for a second WHV? That would be the best option.

If condition 8558 is imposed on her visa then no more than 12 months stay in 18 months applies, if she doesn't have that condition then she could stay longer.

A bridging visa would only be needed if the processing time and decision on a visa application takes longer than the expiry of the current visa so it allows the applicant to lawfully stay in Australia.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.