Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lodged application online for visitor visa 600 for my parents living in India on 20/10/21 and thet are doing medicals on 3/11. I was just wondering how long it takes to get grant of visa. I have already checked immigration processing times and it states 7 to 12 months. I was just wondering if someone has applied application recently and got granted or anyone with any knowledge regarding this. I want my parents to join me next months. We are living in Melbourne. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Kamlesh. I spoke with a migration agent because i'm in the same situation and he told that the travel exemption could take up to 48hs and after that they process the visa and for his experience could take up to another 48hs. It make sense because you're applying for an exemption and it's suposse that you are in a hurry to bring your faimily to Australia. If i get any response i'll let you know about it.

Good luck and kind regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. We have applied for exemption and parents did medicals so finger crossed. Anything that I come to know will update you as well. It's bit comforting to know that it doesn't take long. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
75% of Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored family stream applications took up to 7 months in September 2021.

75% of Visitor visa (subclass 600) Tourist stream applications took up to 8 months in September 2021.

This covers worldwide applications.

The travel exemptions can be much faster.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi mate
I applied for an exemption 10 days ago and granted today. Visa application will only be finalised once the applicant is exempted.
Although, I am not sure of we have to attach the exemption reference number along with our visa application to make Immigration aware ?can anybody in this group, pour some lights into this matter, please?

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I am not sure of we have to attach the exemption reference number along with our visa application to make Immigration aware ?
It would be very advisable to do that, so that immigration are aware of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I never read about that but i read some cases when they get the visa immediately after get the travel exemption and another cases that took up to 3 days. You have to put the trn in the travel exemption so home affairs can be notice and track your visa to approve it asap. I did the exemption and visa with an immigration agent. It’s for my partner. The idea is to bring her here and apply for a partner visa. Any idea how long are taking the visitor visa 600?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The current tourist visa processing time is 8-16 months; however, visa applications for immediate family members are being finalised much faster.

I applied for my partner's visitor visa 7 months ago, but didn't realise that I had to get Travel exemption approved first before they could grant visa

·
Registered
11 Posts
I applied for exemption for my parents on 7/11 received exemption on 18/11 but haven't got the visa yet. uploaded the exception grant in the visa file. n luck yet.
Did you add the trn of the visa to the travel exemption when you sent it? And you must to apply the visa first and the the travel exemption at the same time

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you add the trn of the visa to the travel exemption when you sent it? And you must to apply the visa first and the the travel exemption at the same time
Yes, I did add TRN in the exemption, also I lodged a visa 6months back and applied for an exemption just this month. Not sure what should be done next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,
Last night I applied for a family sponsored tourist visa for my mum. She's previously visited on a tourist visa.
I submitted the application and then took the Visa Reference Number and applied for an exemption. I'm a permanent resident (citizenship application being processed).
Will let you know how long the exemption takes and the visa approval.
I'm hoping the exemption will only take a week and then 2-3 weeks for the visa as I've already booked her flights for 23 Dec - fingers crossed she can make it here for Christmas!

Should add her biometrics appointment is tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Processing times for the Family Sponsored 600 in October 2021.
  • 75% of applications: under 10 months.
  • 10% of applications: over 15 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,
Last night I applied for a family sponsored tourist visa for my mum. She's previously visited on a tourist visa.
I submitted the application and then took the Visa Reference Number and applied for an exemption. I'm a permanent resident (citizenship application being processed).
Will let you know how long the exemption takes and the visa approval.
I'm hoping the exemption will only take a week and then 2-3 weeks for the visa as I've already booked her flights for 23 Dec - fingers crossed she can make it here for Christmas!

Should add her biometrics appointment is tomorrow.
Hope you get luck with that. Im my case i'm waiting the visa for my partner. I read many different cases so i think the time of procces may vary depends of the situation. I will let you know if i get any response.

Regards!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It appears this is the standard timeline and doesn't apply to those applying for an exemption as they are being prioritised. So in my case since my mum is immediate family of a permanent resident, her exemption should be approved and then the visa shortly after - hopefully!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts