Australia Forum banner

Visitor Visa 600 processing times - thread

38K views 108 replies 30 participants last post by  Venturer 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have applied a tourist visa for myself with my sister being my sponsor (she is an Australian citizen). I am also vaccinated with the first 2 doses of an approved vaccine.

Still waiting for my application to be approved.
Looking to see how is the experience of others and if anyone has started getting approvals post Australia opened its borders on 21st Feb.

Online visa application date : 4th March 2022
Health clearance provided : 13th March 2022
Application Status : RECEIVED

#2 ·
Two recent subclass 600 tourist stream.

Date granted: 2 Apr 2022, after 133 days.
Date applied: 21 Nov 2021

Date granted: 7 Mar 2022 after 39 days.
Date applied : 28 Jan 2022

Is yours Tourist stream or Family Sponsored.

#6 ·
Have you stated the date of that event in your application?

#8 ·
Immigration are saying "Due to increased demand everyone is strongly encouraged to lodge their applications well in advance."

There appears to have been a massive increase in all visa applications, coupled with the backlog of previous applications. This will create delays for the available staff.

An example for the visitor visa subclass 651.

In early January 2022, a spokesman for the Australian Immigration Service said that they had processed more than 100,000 eVisitor visa applications since 1 November. In the same period in 2020, there were less than 5,000 applications.

No doubt there will be a substantial increase in subclasses 600 also. With many people now able and wanting to visit.

#12 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share I just received my visa! :).
I applied on March 23rd but I’m already on a 300 PMV so didn’t have to provide medical examination again. My passport is Colombian and I applied for the US.
I know how stressful and how much anxiety waiting for a response brings and I wish you all luck!! My total time was 32 business days.

#13 ·
600 Sponsored family
Date Applied: 28 Feb 2022
Date Medical check completed: 22 Mar 2022

It's been 72 days from date applied and no information despite published processing times of 50 days for 90% of applications. I must be an outlier !

#16 ·
Median average processing time for Subclass 600 Sponsored Family visas, that were finalised in March 2022, was 36 days.
  • 25% took under 28 days
  • 10% took over 50 days
Median average processing time for Subclass 600 Sponsored Family visas, that were finalised in February 2022, was 78 days.
  • 25% took under 37 days
  • 10% took over 10 months.

Note: There were 15,518 Subclass 600 family sponsored applications waiting at 31 December 2021.
This was a massive rise from the 7,056 waiting at 31 December 2020.

One question is: "Are they clearing these older applications before the new ones?"

#18 ·
Can some one help me with the below questions reg. sponsored visitor visa. Thanks in advance.

1. Does the applicant know the dates of entry for each occasion after first entry to Australia?

Give reason -
what can the reason for this ?

2. I selected length of stay in Australia as 12 months. In that case, is it ok to have the planned arrival and departure dates with a 6 month duration ?

3. Do we need to use "Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient Form 956A" if we are filling the application for parents and can we use our e-mail ID for communication (even if we didnt submit form 956A) ?

#19 ·
I have the same situation. I applied for my grandmother's visa 73 days ago. I am sponsoring her trip to Australia.

Application Date submitted: 9th March 2022
Health clearance provided: 4th April 2022
Application Status: RECEIVED

Has anyone who posted here received a reposnse for their Family Sponsored Visas?

#28 ·
The March figures appear to be unusual.

At 50 days you are now not even at the average time.

The median average processing time for Subclass 600 Sponsored Family visas, that were finalised in April 2022, was 70 Days.
The slowest 10% is now back up to 5 months.

#27 ·
Same here !

600 Sponsored family
My husband already got his PR since 2021
We got married on January 2022 and planned to flight together on 28 February 2022.
reschedule flight 3 times :(

Date Applied: 03 February 2022
Date Medical check completed: 10 February 2022
Email the immigration: 3 times only got one reply and asked to wait.
Already made a letter to immigration that my husband need to go back soon. But no reply.

now information despite published processing times of 4 months for 90% of applications.

in the end my husband went back first because of his work :(

#29 ·
Same here !

600 Sponsored family
My husband already got his PR since 2021
We got married on January 2022 and planned to flight together on 28 February 2022.
reschedule flight 3 times :(

Date Applied: 03 February 2022
Date Medical check completed: 10 February 2022
Email the immigration: 3 times only got one reply and asked to wait.
Already made a letter to immigration that my husband need to go back soon. But no reply.

now information despite published processing times of 4 months for 90% of applications.

in the end my husband went back first because of his work :(
Who did you email? I haven't been able to find any way to contact them.

#50 ·
Visa25%50%75%90%
Subclass 600 (Tourist)8 days26 days63 days20 months
Subclass 600 (Sponsored Family)46 days70 days4 months5 months.

With the two sets of statistics given by immigration for the same period, and based on what people are sharing from their realtime experiences here on these forums, these statistics seem to be more in line with the Sponsored Family visa processing times being experienced.

#65 ·
Update...Visa Finalised.

Family-Sponsored stream
Applied: 9th March 2022
Medical Cleared: 14th March 2022
Granted Visa: 20th June 2022

Only concern are the below visa conditions. I had applied for multiple entry but...i would take anything at this point in time.

Length of stay 6 month(s) from the date of arrival
Travel Single entry.

Good luck everyone!!!

#66 · (Edited)
Update on my SIL (Pakistani citizen) and nephew's (US citizen) application:

Subclass 600 (tourist)
Date submitted: 27 March 2022
Request for further information (proof of custody of child): 9 May 2022
Provided further information: 10 May 2022
Flights booked for 27 June (cancelled)
SIL granted visa on 28 June 2022 (3 months 1 day) (cruel IMMI granting it 1 day after they were due to fly here...
Nephew visa granted on 29 June 2022 (3 months 2 days)
Time to rebook flights!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.