Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
My child(6 months) old and i have applied for visitor visa 600 to her hoping that she can make it to Australia ASAP. But case office refused to provide Visitor 600 stating that
"As a dependent minor the applicant is unable to form an intention to comply with her visa conditions on her own. I consider the applicant to be influenced by the intentions of her parents. As the applicant's parents have Australian permanent residence visas, I have concerns that the applicant may remain in Australia beyond the validity of their visa. I therefore cannot be satisfied that a genuine visit to Australia is intended. After considering the information provided, I am not satisfied that the applicant genuinely
intends to stay temporarily in Australia for the purposes set out above."

It is very very unfortunate and i am bitterly disappointed :(
My kind request from the users of this forum to help me below,
- Can i re-apply again visitor visa 600?
- Or can i apply Permanent resident for child and once visa applied can i raise bridge visa to bring my child ASAP?
I am eagerly looking to bring my child, hence request your valuable opinions.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Was the child born overseas? If that’s the case your only option may be to apply for a child visa offshore. The case officer obviously had no compassion and is not allowing the child to travel to Australia so an onshore child visa can be applied for. Bridging visa will only be granted if you lodge an onshore application. If the child had been born in Australia, all this trouble would have been avoided. Are you still overseas or are you already based in Australia?

Reactions: rasheed.aimit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nick. Quick reply much appreciated.
I am based in Melbourne at the moment. Child is in Overseas. I applied Visitor Visa 600 for 6 months under family visit stream while i was here in Melbourne.
So, if i raise child visa (101) application while i am onshore then i will can request for bridging Visa and bring my child soon?
Your prompt reply will help me a lot.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
"As the applicant’s parents have Australian permanent residence visas"

I also assume the child was born offshore, this is risk and often done to please family members in home countries.

I suggest you urgently hire the services of a very good (Australian based) Registered Migration Agent to review your case and options.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks Nick. Quick reply much appreciated.
I am based in Melbourne at the moment. Child is in Overseas. I applied Visitor Visa 600 for 6 months under family visit stream while i was here in Melbourne.
So, if i raise child visa (101) application while i am onshore then i will can request for bridging Visa and bring my child soon?
Your prompt reply will help me a lot.
Thanks in advance.
I don't think you understand what bridging visas are. Realistically you'd be looking at an offshore child visa. What's the mother's situation ? What visas are you on?

Reactions: rasheed.aimit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think you understand what bridging visas are. Realistically you'd be looking at an offshore child visa. What's the mother's situation ? What visas are you on?
Ohh Sorry my bad. it was a typo, i wanted to type Visiting visa instead of bridging visa. All i wanted to request is that, can i apply visitor visa after applying for child visa (101)?
Father and Mother are on Permanent Residency status (Victoria state)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
On what grounds do you think the child will meet the Visitor Visa requirements?

Do you know what they are?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
It doesn't matter where you are, you would need to lodge the child visa while the child is offshore. It's possible you may have better luck getting a visitor visa after that's done with the reason that you want the child to be able to be with you in Australia while their offshore application is being processed. However you'd need to take the child offshore briefly (a short trip to NZ, Bali, etc. is sufficient) when they are ready to grant the visa. There is no bridging visa available when you lodge an offshore application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't matter where you are, you would need to lodge the child visa while the child is offshore. It's possible you may have better luck getting a visitor visa after that's done with the reason that you want the child to be able to be with you in Australia while their offshore application is being processed. However you'd need to take the child offshore briefly (a short trip to NZ, Bali, etc. is sufficient) when they are ready to grant the visa. There is no bridging visa available when you lodge an offshore application.
Thanks Maggie. it was much useful information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On what grounds do you think the child will meet the Visitor Visa requirements?

Do you know what they are?
In homeaffairs web page there is no specific criteria or condition mentioned for Visitor visa 600. Nowhere they mentioned about age requirement or dependent requirement etc. Hence i proceeded with visitor visa for child as i was keen to bring her ASAP. Anyways lesson learnt. Thanks for your comments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.