Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Folks!

Greetings from Uganda.

After almost 8 weeks waiting, today I finally received a notification of refusal of an application for a Visitor (class FA) Visitor (Tourist) (subclass
600) visa with no right of merits review for this decision.

Well, I am pretty gutted considering that I was to visit my uncle who has been terribly sick for 3 years. (He has Chronic Pancreatitis, Depression/Adjustment disorder, and anxiety, Re-feeding syndrome and Peripheral neurotically pain. His general condition is deteriorating and this might reduce his life expectancy) This were all cited in the medical report.

I am his only family member who was going to see him and he was pretty excited. My family was going to sponsor the trip, I also have a job which pays me fairly well in addition to a daughter. I don't have any previous travel history (We all gotta start from somewhere)
My uncle's wife is committed to accommodation and other expenses while in Australia.

The following were cited in the refusal letter.

My decision is based on the following factors

While I understand your circumstances, there are specific legal requirements which must be
satisfied for an applicant to be granted a visa. You are seeking to travel to Australia to visit
your relatives. You have submitted evidence of employment and an invitation letter. Whilst I
have considered this evidence in my assessment; I have given great consideration to your
personal circumstances as well as factors in Australia and how they may act as an incentive
for you not to depart Australia if granted a visa.
You have provided limited evidence of personal finances and no business and asset ties to
demonstrate your economic/financial ties to Uganda. You appear to be entirely reliant on
your uncle and aunt to support yourself during your proposed trip to Australia. I find there
is insufficient information on the application to support your financial stability or strength in
order to weigh in on your economic/financial incentive to return.
You have not demonstrated compliance with the visa requirements of another country like
Australia which would give weight to any claim you might make to support the fact that you
would comply with Australian visa conditions.
I have also taken into consideration the assurances provided by your relatives in Australia,
however, these assurances do not outweigh overall concerns that you have presented
limited evidence of your incentive to return and/or that your personal circumstances and the
prevailing social-economic conditions in your home country may induce you not to return.
After considering the information provided, I am not satisfied that the applicant genuinely
intends to stay temporarily in Australia for the purposes set out above.
Therefore, I am not satisfied that the applicant meets the relevant criteria in clause 600.211
in Schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations.

Folks and well-wishers, I gotta do this for my uncle considering he took care of my education. Any suggestion of a way forward?

Good people i have ZERO intentions of remaining in Aussie. Please support me

·
Registered
974 Posts
Your best bet would be to speak with an RMA at this point.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Agree with Eh? that speaking with a registered migration agent may help. But there is a possibility that no matter how much you demonstrate your intention to return to Uganda, they may still not grant you a visa given the "prevailing social-economic conditions in your home country".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tough situation to be in and have seen many of my friends in a similar spot before being unable to to sit for exams overseas for being denied visa on the basis of lack of travel history and no ties to country of residence.

The best advice I can think of is either start travelling to other locations (maybe Schengen or UK) and then apply again to AUS. Otherwise, try to improve your financial situation (borrow from friends/family for a few month) to demonstrate capability to support yourself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure about your overall application but due to socioeconomic conditions in your country, you would need to provide very strong evidence of financial ties in your country. Just providing evidence of employment is definitely not nearly enough. I don't think you have much hope of getting the visa in your current situation.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Sounds a pretty stock standard response for an African country. It seems like you have no savings and cannot support yourself. When my husband (fiance at the time) applied for a tourist visa (it was from an African country too) they said that the onus is on the applicant to show that they have enough funds to support themselves during the trip - they would not take any of my funds into account.

My only suggestion is to get your Uncle to apply for a sponsored tourist visa from Australia and offer to pay a bond and see if that helps. It may not help, but it is worth a shot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Folks!
"You have provided limited evidence of personal finances and no business and asset ties to demonstrate your economic/financial ties to Uganda. You appear to be entirely reliant on
your uncle and aunt to support yourself during your proposed trip to Australia.
Your aunt and uncle must demonstrate willingness and ability to support you during your stay, and you must demonstrate reasons for returning home.

And among your reasons for returning home must be that you have home, family, and job back in Uganda..

You will need a letter from your employer indicating that he is happy for you to return to your job after you have been looking after your uncle.

You will need a letter from Aunt and Uncle indicating willingness to support you during your visit, and attached to that letter they must provide evidence of assets or income adequate to look after you and themselves.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Am sorry about your visa refusal, hope your application will be a success in future. show evidence of enough incentive at home, you'll need to show family ties back at home of immediate relatives. Just a thought, I do not know much in this area that's why I did my application with an agent. As up-to now am still waiting for a decision, seems like they are taking so long to respond to a visitor visa (compared to partner visa, my 2 friends got granted in just 4 months) in Nairobi ,this week will be 6weeks waiting, finger crossed for positive results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.