Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks! I am from Kampala - Uganda, I submitted my application for Visitor Visa (600) on 23 Aug 2018. I completed medical, biometrics, updated and confirmed the information within 7 days after Submission. Estimated Processing Time was indicated to be 22 to 27 days. Unfortunately, today is the 42nd day and my application still remains under FURTHER ASSESSMENT. Planned travel date is 25th October. I am visiting Darwin - Northern Territory

QN. Should I be worried about failing to get a Visa or missing out on the travel date of 25th Oct?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, 42 days! That's too long,have you tried to contact the embassy to know why you haven't received email, also check your spam folder could be there. I applied mine from Kenya on 14th September but I haven't received any news yet, counting the processing time am expecting next week... All the best

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Both are high rick countries as many others are.

But you are both very high risk, so it can be very hit and miss in getting a visa approved regardless of the quality of your applications.

All you can do is try contact the processing embassy or complain as it is outside the process time.

Complaining will not effect your application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted the processing embassy and below is the reply, I got from them. What do you think about their reply?

Thank you for your email and inquiry regarding your Visa s600(Visa application status.
Our records indicate that this visa application commenced processing with the Department’s Nairobi Office on 23/08/2018 and is progressing through the visa application process.
Visa applications are processed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances

The Visa Office in Nairobi is aware of your current travel arrangements (25/10/2018), and they will be as facilitative as possible to process the application in time to permit travel. You will be notified as soon as the application is finalized.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted the processing embassy and below is the reply, I got from them. What do you think about their reply?

Thank you for your email and inquiry regarding your Visa s600(Visa application status.
Our records indicate that this visa application commenced processing with the Department’s Nairobi Office on 23/08/2018 and is progressing through the visa application process.
Visa applications are processed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances

The Visa Office in Nairobi is aware of your current travel arrangements (25/10/2018), and they will be as facilitative as possible to process the application in time to permit travel. You will be notified as soon as the application is finalized.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both are high rick countries as many others are.

But you are both very high risk, so it can be very hit and miss in getting a visa approved regardless of the quality of your applications.

All you can do is try contact the processing embassy or complain as it is outside the process time.

Complaining will not effect your application.
Uganda is not a high Risk country

Our records indicate that this visa application commenced processing with the Department's Nairobi Office on 23/08/2018 and is progressing through the visa application process.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Uganda is not a high Risk country
If it is not on this list it is a high risk country.

Andorra
Austria
Belgium
Brunei
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong (SAR of China)
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Malta
Monaco
Norway
Portugal
Republic of San Marino
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan*
The Netherlands
United Kingdom-British Citizen
United Kingdom-British National (Overseas)
United States
Vatican City

Your reply is they know your intended departure date, it might be processed by then and they will let you know when they are ready if they grant it or refuse it.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Have you booked flights? The Australian embassy requests that flights are not booked until the visa is approved.

Uganda is a high risk country as you cannot obtain an ETA or eVistor visa.

I would not read anything into the reply as all it is saying that they will let you know as soon as it is finalised.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you booked flights? The Australian embassy requests that flights are not booked until the visa is approved.

Uganda is a high risk country as you cannot obtain an ETA or eVistor visa.

I would not read anything into the reply as all it is saying that they will let you know as soon as it is finalised.
I have waited for 45 days rather than 27 days but I am still waiting. Hopefully, I get granted the visa.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Can I ask why you thought Uganda was not a high risk country?

I spent time in Botswana a diamond in the rough you could say - that is high risk and have had refusals.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can I ask why you thought Uganda was not a high risk country?

I spent time in Botswana a diamond in the rough you could say - that is high risk and have had refusals.
Uganda is NOT a High Risk Country.

You define High Risk Countries are those which are not ETA eligible THIS IS WRONG
QN. Are all African Countries High Risk Countries? I don't see any African country in the ETA eligible list

According to the Dictionary, High Risk Country means a place involving or exposed to a high level of danger.

Currently, travel advisories for African Countries are ranked on a scale of 1 to 4 . Uganda is Level 2

Level 1 is "exercise normal precautions.
Level 2 is "exercise increased caution.
Level 3 is "reconsider travel.
Level 4 is "do not travel.

A study conducted by Standord University presented a list of high risk countries as of Feb. 23, 2018

Afghanistan
Algeria
Belarus
Burundi
Camaroon
Central African Republic
Chad
China, The People's Republic of
Colombia
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Crimea (Region of Ukraine)
Cuba*
Egypt
El Salvador
Eritrea
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Iran*
Iraq
Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
Kenya
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of*
Lebanon
Libya
Mali
Mauritania
Mexico
Myanmar
Niger
Nigeria
Pakistan
Philippines
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan, Republic of
Sudan*
Syria*
Thailand
Ukraine
Venezuela
Yemen
Zimbabwe

I advise you to do alot of more research by visiting more African Countries.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Uganda is NOT a High Risk Country.

You define High Risk Countries are those which are not ETA eligible THIS IS WRONG
QN. Are all African Countries High Risk Countries? I don't see any African country in the ETA eligible list

According to the Dictionary, High Risk Country means a place involving or exposed to a high level of danger.

Currently, travel advisories for African Countries are ranked on a scale of 1 to 4 . Uganda is Level 2

Level 1 is "exercise normal precautions.
Level 2 is "exercise increased caution.
Level 3 is "reconsider travel.
Level 4 is "do not travel.

A study conducted by Standord University presented a list of high risk countries as of Feb. 23, 2018

Afghanistan
Algeria
Belarus
Burundi
Camaroon
Central African Republic
Chad
China, The People's Republic of
Colombia
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Crimea (Region of Ukraine)
Cuba*
Egypt
El Salvador
Eritrea
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Iran*
Iraq
Israel, the West Bank and Gaza
Kenya
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of*
Lebanon
Libya
Mali
Mauritania
Mexico
Myanmar
Niger
Nigeria
Pakistan
Philippines
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
South Sudan, Republic of
Sudan*
Syria*
Thailand
Ukraine
Venezuela
Yemen
Zimbabwe

I advise you to do alot of more research by visiting more African Countries.
I have - Eastern Europe also with similar results.

Uganda is considered a high risk country by DoHA that is responsible for visa grants.

No other test, agency or opinion changes that fact.

I have spent $10's of thousands trying to change it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have - Eastern Europe also with similar results.

Uganda is considered a high risk country by DoHA that is responsible for visa grants.

No other test, agency or opinion changes that fact.

I have spent $10's of thousands trying to change it.
DoHA places Uganda in List B: Jurisdictions that MAY Pose a Higher Risk. This in accordance with FATF Recommendations.

I will conduct my studies on FATF Recommendation and Commonwealth and Immigration Ombudsman-DIAC: The Safeguards System if they hold any grounds.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
As is every African country - some countries just have the red flag higher up the pole than other countries.

I expect Uganda has a high flag pole in the visa processing offices.
How high the red flag is usually depends on a few things:
- the actions of previous tourist visa holders
- the difference between wages in Australia vs wages in their country (some countries people earn like $200 a month)
- civil unrest

As you know chicken999 had an awful time trying for a tourist visa for her hubby and he is from Ghana where I expect the wages are quite low. I am not sure though how Ughanda compares and of course the OP. If the OP was a high paying job then their chances are a lot better than someone who earns a small amount per month.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
How high the red flag is usually depends on a few things:
- the actions of previous tourist visa holders
- the difference between wages in Australia vs wages in their country (some countries people earn like $200 a month)
- civil unrest

As you know chicken999 had an awful time trying for a tourist visa for her hubby and he is from Ghana where I expect the wages are quite low. I am not sure though how Ughanda compares and of course the OP. If the OP was a high paying job then their chances are a lot better than someone who earns a small amount per month.
Yep I know.

A good friend that is the sister of an ex of mine and is currently in Uganda on a political posting from Botswana.

$200 can even be a high number Mish.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.