Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to submit an application for my fiancee in Thailand to be granted a PMV 300 Visa which I will sponsor.

I am an Australian citizen by birth. My fiancee is in Thailand and could stay there until a visa is granted. If she comes here I know she must leave to allow the 300 to be activated once granted and then can return.
She also came to Australia for 6 months from October 2017 which is how we met in March. This was the 600 Family visa as her sister sponsored her without a bond.
I believe that once the status changes from Submitted (after $7,000 paid!) to Application Received I can apply for a Visitor Visa 600 class so we can be together while we wait for the 300 visa to be assessed which can take a year I'm told.

1. Is this correct or do I need to wait longer to apply for the 600 visa?

2. Must she wait in Thailand until the medical and police check are done

3. Is a Tourist visa the correct type or Sponsored Family? - the latter takes twice as long to process according to the website

4. Will they ask for a bond under these conditions?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
At the moment your Thai partner isn't a member of your family, so you can't sponsor here on a family sponsored visitor visa. She can apply for a visitor visa. If she is still working in Thailand it helps. She may need to be in Thailand to get her Police Clearance, as I am not sure if you can apply for these offshore. She can do the medical in Australia if she needs to as long as it is done by a panel doctor (BUPA in Australia).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy,

Yes that's logical as Immi/DBIP/DHA define family as spouse and children.

Does that mean she can just apply for Tourist Visa without need for sponsor?

Can I apply for both visas simultaneously?
ie not wait for PMV to be submitted before submitting 600?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Jeremy,

Yes that's logical as Immi/DBIP/DHA define family as spouse and children.

Does that mean she can just apply for Tourist Visa without need for sponsor?

Can I apply for both visas simultaneously?
I'm also in the same situation as you but I have lodged my prospective marriage visa for more than 17 months and still waiting. I would like to know have you applied any visitor visa for your partner at the moment ? What kind of tourist visa did you apply in the end?

·
Registered
144 Posts
*Does that mean she can just apply for Tourist Visa without need for sponsor?
Yes. You can assist by writing her an invitation letter.
She needs to make sure she can present reasons beyond doubt that she will return back home.

*Can I apply for both visas simultaneously?
Better to wait for PMV to be submitted/paid as it can be used as a reason for the above point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.