Australia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a few questions on Visitor Visa application which I someone have answer to.
My wife applied for Partner Visa (309) back in May and after a few weeks she applied for Visitor Visa. We had thought about which stream of Visitor Visa we would go for. And after some suggestions we opted for family sponsored. Whether or not that's the best choice I don't know.
We asked for 12 months stay but granted only 3 months single entry.
So now she's back to her country and would like to apply again for Visitor Visa.
The question now is can she apply within three weeks of returning to her country ?
Which stream would be the best one ? Stick with family sponsored or go for the general visitor visa ?
How many months is reasonable to ask for ? Three or six ?
i know it is a bit tricky and there is no perfect answer to this but we are in a bit of a stress as she wants to come here again soon and stay here for a bit longer than three months. Immigration might not be too keen on giving more than three months stay especially in family sponsored stream. At least a multiple entry would be really good but don't know if they will give it this time.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was probably not your best choice.
Yea I agree we might have gone for the Normal Visitor Visa.
But we thought it would be safe in a sense that they could give us 6 months stay or a multiple entry neither of which they did.

So now the question is can we go for the Normal Visitor Visa this time ? Would the officer be concerned why we chose a different one ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a few questions on Visitor Visa application which I someone have answer to.
My wife applied for Partner Visa (309) back in May and after a few weeks she applied for Visitor Visa. We had thought about which stream of Visitor Visa we would go for. And after some suggestions we opted for family sponsored. Whether or not that's the best choice I don't know.
We asked for 12 months stay but granted only 3 months single entry.
So now she's back to her country and would like to apply again for Visitor Visa.
The question now is can she apply within three weeks of returning to her country ?
Which stream would be the best one ? Stick with family sponsored or go for the general visitor visa ?

How many months is reasonable to ask for ? Three or six ?
i know it is a bit tricky and there is no perfect answer to this but we are in a bit of a stress as she wants to come here again soon and stay here for a bit longer than three months. Immigration might not be too keen on giving more than three months stay especially in family sponsored stream. At least a multiple entry would be really good but don't know if they will give it this time.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you.
3 weeks stay in the home country may be considered as too short to apply for a 2nd visitor visa. It is better to wait for few months before applying for a visitor visa again.

You can apply for a visitor visa tourist stream, however, you need to satisfy the conditions of that visa to be successful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I have applied for a visitor visa while my 309 is in process. I have no been granted priority processing as well and the office has said that they will process the 309 before actioning the 600 visa. Should I cancel the 600 visa or leave it? If the 309 processes and gets granted before the 600 does what happens?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts