Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would like to know what are the chances for my fiance to visit me in Australia for the birth of our first child?

I'm an Australian Citizen (citizenship by descent) that recently came to Australia to live permanently.
I'm 34 weeks pregnant with due date early in March 2018
Staying with a relative and with no job (no one would like to hire a pregnant woman)

My fiance is from a High risk country . However he lived in Europe (Italy + Greece) for more than 10 years (studying and working).

We are aplying this week for 3 months visitor visa
I' ve sent him an invitation letter with proof of accomodation and proof of pregnancy.

I really want him to be here for this special moment in our lives.

How much money does he need to prove that he has for these 3 months (i'm providing accomodation and food)?

·
Registered
332 Posts
They normally like around $1000 per month, but when my husband and I applied for a visitor visa for him, they still weren't happy when we had $4000 in our account and he is from America.

Reactions: Agape

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They normally like around $1000 per month, but when my husband and I applied for a visitor visa for him, they still weren't happy when we had $4000 in our account and he is from America.
So, was your application refused?

·
Registered
332 Posts
No, we had to show more funding and made sure they believed he wasn't going to work here, we also had our PMV pending which also helped the visitor visa.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The chance of getting a visa are very low, the information about the pregnancy to me is even more incentive to stay.

I strongly suggest you use an Australian based Registered Migration Agent to increase your chance of a grant.

Sorry to be blunt and best of luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The chance of getting a visa are very low, the information about the pregnancy to me is even more incentive to stay.

I strongly suggest you use an Australian based Registered Migration Agent to increase your chance of a grant.

Sorry to be blunt and best of luck.
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. But, i don't understand how an agent can increase the chance for the grand. Can you give me some reasons? (unfortunately Is quite expensive to use immigration agents and because we will use one later for the partner visa we don't have the luxury to doing it twice)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Because we had Visitor Visas refused for Ukrainians, they fall into the same category as Nigerians when it comes to visas.

The 6 page submission letter was excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.