Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I’m looking for some help. My husband has just lodged for partner visa few days ago and now we are planning on applying for visitor visa for him to visit. I am currently 4 months pregnant and would like him to be here few months before and after giving birth. I have written a cover letter for when we apply for visitor visa, should he also write a cover letter? We used a migration agent for the partner visa but will not be using one for the visitor visa (fees are extremely high)
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
He can write a covering letter too, however evidence to show that he will leave Australia at the end of the visa is what is most important for example: a house in his home country, a job to return home to etc

Also immigration don't grant a lot of 6 month tourist visa's (they are far between), applying for a 3 month tourist visa would give you a better chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is currently studying so he will get a confirmation letter from he’s tutor. Would that be enough? What are some things he could mention in the cover letter. I have been looking online for some examples but haven’t had any luck with what we’re looking for

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Unfortunately for immigration they do not take words into account much they look at the physical evidence.

He should submit everything he has to show he will return to his home country. I would expect that he would need something from the university or college as that is more official.

If he studying they will be wanting to see his bank statements to make sure he has enough money to support himself while he is here.

Those that are students usually face a harder time getting a tourist visa because they don't have enough money to support themselves and also that they can just not return to their course so it doesn't show that they have a reason to return to their home country - it all depends on the case officer to how they take it. If he is coming when the university/college is not on holidays then that will raise some concerns with immigration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.