Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions:

If my partner applies for a 6 months visa to visit me in Australia does it not raise suspicion with Immigration that she may be coming to apply for a Partner Visa? How to get around this or doesn't it matter?

If I am to invite her visit for a visit and elect to pay all costs while she is here how much should my bank balance be?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yes it does - you can't - if they believe it's the case they will either refuse to issue the visa or will grant it with a no further stay condition.

Enough to cover all the logical expenses of you both for the period of the stay.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does - you can't - if they believe it's the case they will either refuse to issue the visa or will grant it with a no further stay condition.
O.k. thanks, so how do you get around raising the suspicion? Does a licensed agent know how to handle that issue?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Mania View Post

O.k. thanks, so how do you get around raising the suspicion? Does a licensed agent know how to handle that issue?"

You don't, that's kind of the point of them being able to apply a no further stay.

You give them an honest and truthful application they give you a decision.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Mania View Post

O.k. thanks, so how do you get around raising the suspicion? Does a licensed agent know how to handle that issue?"

You don't, that's kind of the point of them being able to apply a no further stay.

You give them an honest and truthful application they give you a decision.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
They need to meet the Genuine Temporary Entry requirements and to inform immigration that the intention is to apply for a onshore visa will NOT meet that requirement and the visa must be refused.

They depending on processing centre may need to prove funs in own right, an unofficial figure is $1,000 per month if you supply full board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.