Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
My partner is currently in the US. I wanted her to come here under a visitor visa 600, for approximately 12 months.

What's the probability of this being approved if requesting a 12 month first visa, for the first overseas travel she's ever had, with my being her friend inviting her to the country, for the application, and me being her source of funds here?
She has no health issues in her history aside from minor hypertension in the past. She has no criminal record, etc. Just a normal person from over the pond.

I did want to get a 462 - but she doesn't have her high school certificate and can't get that for 6+ months due to an incompetent school district. I also did want to try an 820 or PMV in the future if all goes well, but at this stage I just want to be with her for 12 months to see how things go and it seems quite frankly overwhelming with such variation between people's experiences when applying for a 600.

If there's a better way than applying for a 12 month initially I'd love to know it, perhaps going for 3 month or 6 month and then extending as required? If that's possible, whilst trying to avoid leaving the country for weeks/months on end as I do work, and had wanted to spend a year with her if possible, and also wished to avoid expense when the possible later 820/etc costs so much.

Thank you! ^_^

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
You want a lot! Same as everyone else.

How does your friend meet the requirements of the 600 Visitor Visa for a period of 12 Months.

Do you and your partner understand Genuine Temporary Entrant requirements?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there ampk!

She would be visiting as a tourist, for a period up to 12 months, from the USA.

She will do no working, nor studying while she is here. I have proof of funds in my account as the person she is staying with while seeing the country, and can provide this. We can get the medical examination completed, too, however it's difficult to determine if this is required and would involve driving across the state on her end to go to the relevant approved facility in either her home state, or an adjacent state. So I was unsure whether to organize this in advance.
She would have health care for the entire time she is here, private health care for travellers. As I have seen that expressed as a concern for visitor visa applicants.

As far as being a genuine temporary entrant, I can get letters from her family as witnesses as to her being required at home for caretaking for her housemate, if required, as she does. or something to that effect. That's what she does there, due to her housemate's medical condition. Due to the economy over there however finding an employer for her at present is proving to be difficult hence us pursuing this for now, for both a holiday and a way to see what it's like to spend more time together.
This does concern me, however, as to getting a visa, hence asking here for assistance. I've spent the day trawling others experiences and documents and requirements to no avail and just furthering my stress over all of this.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
She would be visiting as a tourist, for a period up to 12 months, from the USA.

She will do no working, nor studying while she is here.

** Good it is not allowed - what shall she do for 12 months?

I have proof of funds in my account as the person she is staying with while seeing the country, and can provide this.

** Some times this is accepted other times the applicant must have the funds in their own right - that can be $12,000 in her account (no hard figure here but I was told by IMMI $1k per month) this is if you supply food and accom.

We can get the medical examination completed, too, however it's difficult to determine if this is required and would involve driving across the state on her end to go to the relevant approved facility in either her home state, or an adjacent state. So I was unsure whether to organize this in advance.

** It can be requested for a 12 month visa, but not always - never know.

She would have health care for the entire time she is here, private health care for travellers. As I have seen that expressed as a concern for visitor visa applicants.

** News to me, many don't have health care cover on Visitors Visas but it is a good idea to have it.

As far as being a genuine temporary entrant, I can get letters from her family as witnesses as to her being required at home for caretaking for her housemate, if required, as she does. or something to that effect.

** Required? but not for 12 months! seems a flexible use of required to me.

That's what she does there, due to her housemate's medical condition.

** So who fills this role for a year?

Due to the economy over there however finding an employer for her at present is proving to be difficult hence us pursuing this for now, for both a holiday and a way to see what it's like to spend more time together.

** Being unemployed makes it harder to meet GTE requirements.

This does concern me, however, as to getting a visa, hence asking here for assistance. I've spent the day trawling others experiences and documents and requirements to no avail and just furthering my stress over all of this.

** Yes it is not easy - I have walked your shoes to climb many a hill.

Buy good shoes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Jack

How old is she? If she's under 31 she might be eligible for the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462). It costs $440, but allows holders to work in Australia. It also has a very short processing time - approx 13 days at the moment.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jack

How old is she? If she's under 31 she might be eligible for the Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462). It costs $440, but allows holders to work in Australia. It also has a very short processing time - approx 13 days at the moment.
Hi Lisa, she turns 30 tomorrow, sorry about the late reply it's quite heartbreaking missing her birthday.
We did initially plan on the 462. She doesn't have her ged however as her school is making that difficult to get a copy of with her current name, so we didn't see it as possible to get the 462 after all.

I'm also concerned as to the best way to go for this.

I'm just wondering if you would be able to make the best and most accurate assessment of what options we should explore for the highest likelihood of success if we were to pay for your services for a Skype call? Or via email and we'd be happy to employ you to assist with this process/application.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure the best way to reply ampk, but here goes.

For 12 months she would be having a holiday. We wanted to explore the blue mountains, cairns, port Douglas, Melbourne, a whole bunch of sites to see. Aside from that just spending time together as she's just about the best friend I have. :) Then aside from that having a break from her caretaking role, which can be very taxing to say the least.

Her housemate is being incarcerated for 300 days due to not paying child support. Long story. He can't work and so he can't pay. After this time then yes. Her presence is required of he would perish trying to manage alone.

This sounds rather terrifying. Do you recommend employing an RMA? Did you in the past?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Jack,

Sorry to be blunt but I think your chances or a subclass 600 for 12 months is slim to none.

My husband is also from the US. Under similar circumstances, in 2014 we also attempted a 600 for 12 months, he was unemployed at the time, etc. Considering I didn't do any research, and had no idea it got refused.

Your best bet is to do a ETA to begin with, it costs around US $20, allows 3 month stays and the ETA is vaild for a year. She could come and go, but may get stopped and questioned about her intentions. My husband was stopped on his third entry.

Anyway, we eventually saved the money and applied for a PMV. Even then, we had some issues for getting a subclass 600 for 12 months and that was with a PMV in process. We were given a 3 month visa

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Jack

Yes, long-distance is very hard - especially around times such as birthdays. I do offer thorough eligibility assessments over email (with a letter of advice at the end advising you of your options). The fee is $250 AUD and if you choose to use our full visa application service afterwards, the fee is credited to your account. If you're interested, feel free to send me an email - details are in my signature.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts

For 12 months she would be having a holiday. We wanted to explore the blue mountains, cairns, port Douglas, Melbourne, a whole bunch of sites to see. Aside from that just spending time together as she's just about the best friend I have. :) Then aside from that having a break from her caretaking role, which can be very taxing to say the least.

### First up give us a yell in Cairns if you want a beer.
You would need to work this out well and include things like evidence of your available leave, evidence you have discussed all this (over time) and then there is the funds required for 12 months - it is not documented any place I have found. But I have and others $1,000 AUD per month if full board is supplied. Some places insist it be in the applicants account others not.

### Was just asking why they are required there - but then could not be required for 12 months. (Clear explanations are required for the Case Officer/s)

Her housemate is being incarcerated for 300 days due to not paying child support. Long story. He can't work and so he can't pay. After this time then yes. Her presence is required of he would perish trying to manage alone.

### That's a better explanation as to the required/not required.

This sounds rather terrifying. Do you recommend employing an RMA?

### Luckily it is less terrifying than from high risk countries, but the GTE requirement must still be meet.

I would recommend you consult a RMA at least, that work/holiday visa would be high on my list - a 12 month a far lower down the list if no visa has ever not been refused.

Did you in the past?

Yes I have used an RMA before actually 2, I have also consulted 1 or 2 others over the years.

They are not all equal, the 2 I used were excellent (both are on the recommended list on this forum) the others - I now know how bad they were.

I lost count of the Visitor Visa applications I have done but a number have been refused, the hard and expensive part is to change the next application into a grant and I don't wish that on anyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.