Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there !
I am looking for some answers. Its probably a long shot but I have been very grateful for this forum in the past so thought i could try this time again.

Friends of my husbands and i are getting married. He applied for the sponsored family visa 600 for his parents and brother to come out for his wedding (and to do a bit of sightseeing). It was rejected. Everyone is devastated. One of the reasons they gave for the rejection was that they didnt believe the wedding was real ! The other reasons are standard - no incentive to return, no property, never travelled before etc. But these reasons are very normal for people from a small village. They have never travelled because they dont want to leave their town. They only want to see their son married.
So, is there an appeal process available? Or can they apply again but ask for a shorter visa (they asked for 8 weeks) and apply only for the parents ? and provide more proof of their wedding etc (like the accomm we booked to attend). I just thought that if they were putting up the bond, it was a safety net and the visa should not have been a problem.

Really want to find a solution as this is just heartbreaking.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Perhaps trying again as you suggested will help along with evidence supporting why they have strong motivation to return to their home country when the visa expires. Depending what country they're from, it may simply not be possible to get a visitor visa though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.