Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I'm an italian guy holding a 457 Visa living in Melbourne.

My girlfriend is from Philippines and i just came back from Philippines to visit her.

I'd like to have her here to visit me in August/September 2015 ( as now she is making her passport) on a Visitor Visa (600).

I have enough money to support her and of course she would stay at my place so it won't be a big expense for me.

She is 22 years old and university student.

She never been out of her country (hope won't be an issue).

A migration agent would cost me too much so I will process the application myself.

I know we need to show she will go back to her country and we'll provide university documents stating she needs to finish her study.

I hope to find suggestions and help with you guys in order to have the visa granted.

Thank you in advance.

I really look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My suggestion is to specify in the intent date of travel during her semestral break.

School documents and registration must be attached also..

Hope this helps

·
Registered
406 Posts
Did the same thing with my fiancee.

She had been to Hong Kong with me before.

She visited during her semester break.

She submitted her student id and study load. I submitted stat dec of support, letter of invitaion, copy of bank statement and house rates for support and accom.

We did the same when we had her sister out for our wedding recently, same supporting docs.

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
Hi guys.

I'm an italian guy holding a 457 Visa living in Melbourne.

My girlfriend is from Philippines and i just came back from Philippines to visit her.

I'd like to have her here to visit me in August/September 2015 ( as now she is making her passport) on a Visitor Visa (600).

I have enough money to support her and of course she would stay at my place so it won't be a big expense for me.

She is 22 years old and university student.

She never been out of her country (hope won't be an issue).

A migration agent would cost me too much so I will process the application myself.

I know we need to show she will go back to her country and we'll provide university documents stating she needs to finish her study.

I hope to find suggestions and help with you guys in order to have the visa granted.

Thank you in advance.

I really look forward to hearing from you.
Hi
You biggest problem will be convincing the DIBP that she has compelling reasons to return to the Philippines at the end of her visit. Her being a student, and not having a history of travel will most likely it more difficult.
Usually things like having a substantial job, a letter from her employer stating her job will be held for her until her return, titles to any property she owns, etc are good evidence to provide to support her application.
You can write a letter of invitation stating that you will support her during her stay.
Young single females frequently get denied a visa, my wife's cousin has been denied twice in the last 6 months, even though she supplied evidence of work and an employers letter.
Good luck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, i've been reading that.

But i called the DIBP already and they didn't mention me any of this..

I hope the visa will be granted. This is a genuine application and she will return to her country before her visa expires, it would be bad if the visa won't be granted.

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
Yea, i've been reading that.

But i called the DIBP already and they didn't mention me any of this..

I hope the visa will be granted. This is a genuine application and she will return to her country before her visa expires, it would be bad if the visa won't be granted.
They never tell you anything! Sometimes you can get lucky and they will grant a visa, seems to be luck of the draw.
Both times my wife's cousin waited 6 weeks for a negative reply.
She has now travelled to Hong Kong(where no visa is required) so as she can provide some travel history for her next application.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will they ask me for a ticket and health insurance in advance or can i worry about it once the Visa decision will be made?

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
Will they ask me for a ticket and health insurance in advance or can i worry about it once the Visa decision will be made?
No they wont ask for a ticket in advance. On the contrary the website specifically states not to make any arrangements until the visa has been granted.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ok, i'm really concern about it.

Mine is a genuine application. Looks like i can only hope..
The applications for my wife (my gf at the time) and subsequently her sister were both successful.

But from talking to people it really does seem like they just throw a dice with yes or no on it and decide that way.

There is no logic.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello,

Maybe get her to enroll early for the next semester and include it when applying? Coming from the Philippines, I know there are some schools/uni that allows you to fo that. I figured it would be compelling that she will be back home for the next semester.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hi guys I'm about to submit the Tourist Visa (600) for my filippina gf.

She has just done her passport therefore she has no Visa history. She has a friend in Perth (same age, same university) which a Visa was granted for 12 months (she has an aunty and got a family stream one though) and also her had not Visa history but the visa was granted.

Do you guys think not having a Visa history might be a reason for the immi to refuse her the Visa?

I called the immi and they told me that as long as she is a genuine visitor and has (we are quite positive as we have strong evidence she will go back) reasons to come back she will be fine.

Looking for experiences and advices.

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
Hi guys I'm about to submit the Tourist Visa (600) for my filippina gf.

She has just done her passport therefore she has no Visa history. She has a friend in Perth (same age, same university) which a Visa was granted for 12 months (she has an aunty and got a family stream one though) and also her had not Visa history but the visa was granted.

Do you guys think not having a Visa history might be a reason for the immi to refuse her the Visa?

I called the immi and they told me that as long as she is a genuine visitor and has (we are quite positive as we have strong evidence she will go back) reasons to come back she will be fine.

Looking for experiences and advices.
Unfortunately you can't compare her friends experience in getting a visa as the requirements are totally different.
If you read through the forums you will see obtaining a vistor visa from the Manila embassy is like buying a ticket in a lottery.
Lack of a travel history is a common reason for rejection.
The thing they are looking for is the compelling reason to return at the end of her visit.
Evidence such as deeds to property she may own, evidence of substantial savings, evidence of substantial employment, a letter from her employer stating she is on holiday and has a job to return to, evidence that she is enrolled in future studies, all may help support her case.
You can write a letter of support stating you will provide board and lodging and cover her expenses.
In the last 6 months a relative of my wife has been refused a tourist visa twice despite her boyfriend offering support.
As i said it is a lottery as others have been granted visas and have provided little evidence.
It is not very expensive to apply, so pay your money and hope your lucky!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I don't understand: I'll do the application online, do i need to fill the 1419 form or not?

Who is going to process the visa? The immi here in aus or Manila?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.