Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! :)

I'm a newbie here but just wanted to ask some Qs about the Visitor Visa.

Basically, I'm getting married soon and would love for my grandpa to be here for my wedding. My mum and dad are ready to go through with the visitor visa but which type would be better to go for (i.e. less delays, lower rejection rate)? Because there seem to be 2: sponsored family stream OR tourist stream?

He is around 78 years old but healthy - is there anything related to his age which you think might be an issue or we should prepare for or note down in the application?

Also, since my grandpa visited Australia back in the 90's when I was a kid, is that something we'd mention anywhere in the application (e.g. in our invitation letter?).

Also, any other tips or pointers? :) Thanks everyone in advance! :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi all! :)

I'm a newbie here but just wanted to ask some Qs about the Visitor Visa.

Basically, I'm getting married soon and would love for my grandpa to be here for my wedding. My mum and dad are ready to go through with the visitor visa but which type would be better to go for (i.e. less delays, lower rejection rate)? Because there seem to be 2: sponsored family stream OR tourist stream?

He is around 78 years old but healthy - is there anything related to his age which you think might be an issue or we should prepare for or note down in the application?

Also, since my grandpa visited Australia back in the 90's when I was a kid, is that something we'd mention anywhere in the application (e.g. in our invitation letter?).

Also, any other tips or pointers? :) Thanks everyone in advance! :D
What country is your Grandpa from? The fact that he has visited Australia previously (assuming he complied with the visa conditions at the time) will definitely help his application. There's a place on the form to record it.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Frm what i have seen the Visitor visa (subclass 600) Sponsored Family Stream does take longer, and is subject to more rigorous checks, and has a higher rejection rate. It is the same price but often takes between 6 and 9 weeks to process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.