Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm from Egypt, living in the UK on a Tier 2 general work visa.

I've submitted my application for Visitor Visa subclass 600 to visit Australia on 17/11/2017. The current processing times is 16-29 days. I'm now approaching 29 days and still application status is "Received".

My questions are:

- The processing times, are those working days or just calendar days?

- What should I do if it stays as Received over next few days? Who should I contact?

Many thanks​

·
Registered
918 Posts
1. They're listed as calendar days.

2. You could contact DIBP themselves.

The global processing times are estimates for 90% of applications (in the case of 600 Visitor Tourist stream its currently 75% processed within 16 days and 90% processed within 29 days, it's not a guarantee that your applications will fall into that 90%).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. They're listed as calendar days.

2. You could contact DIBP themselves.

The global processing times are estimates for 90% of applications (in the case of 600 Visitor Tourist stream its currently 75% processed within 16 days and 90% processed within 29 days, it's not a guarantee that your applications will fall into that 90%).
Thank you for your reply Ramah.

Do you know how to do that? They've only provided an Australian phone number on the website as far as I can see.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
You will find this time of year the processing times are a lot longer due to people wanting to come or visit family at Christmas time. Based on previous years it can take up to 8 or 10 weeks for a decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.