Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Bit of background here.

I had a 457 application made but was placed on a bridging visa C due to late submission by the migration agent in Jan 2018.

I had to return to the UK in Jul 2018 for a wedding and applied for a evisitor 651 to re enter australia. This was refused as not a genuine tourist.

My 457 has also been refused and an inital appeal was made to the AAT, however my company has decided to withdraw it.

I would like to enter australia as a genuine tourist for 2 weeks in december as I have concert tickets booked as well as personal belongings still there. I have looked at applying for visitior visa subclass 600 as I can attach supporting documents, such as

- Stat dec from my friend that I will be staying with confirming I am just there for tourism only.

- letter from pcompany confirming I no longer work with them.

- bank account showing sufficient funds.

- can even attach concert tickets

the only thing I wouldn't have would be a flight into and out of aus as wouldnt book it until a visa is granted.

Would this be deemed enough to satisfy the department that I am a genuine visitor?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
You can try, but stronger evidence may include stuff that shows your motivation to return to the UK such as a lease agreement, letter from employer showing you have a job to return to after your holiday, etc. What you've listed is more regarding why you want to come and that you don't/won't need to work while you're here which doesn't seem like the issue from the refusal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.