Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I hope all is well.

I am applying for a tourist visa (not family sponsored) for 3 months. We will stay in my partner's place.

I am from the Philippines, never been married. I am living with my parents, brother and my children. I have savings (not sure if it's enough). I also have credit cards. I travelled to HK last month. I have a copy of my entry and exit stamps. I am unemployed and not enrolled in any school. I'm a stay at home parent.

I am in a long distance relationship to an Australian citizen for 6 years. We have a son, 3 years old, born here in the Philippines, AU citizen by descent, holds both Philippine and AU passports. My partner comes home once a year, stays for 3-4 weeks maximum. My son doesn't recognize his father.

I have children from my previous relationship, 10 years old and 8 years old. My eldest child underwent heart surgery last 2016 November. We go to the doctor every 6 months for her laboratory (2d Echo).

My question is:

1. Are my child's birth certificates from my previous relationship strong evidence that I am going back to my home country? Do I need to submit my eldest child medical history and laboratory requests to support my letter? or do you have any suggestions what other evidence I need to provide.

2. Aside from tourism. We are going there for my partner's bday. This will be his first bday celebration with his son and to spend more time together. Also my partner has a child from his previous relationship, also an AU citizen, this will be the first time that his children will meet. Will this be enough reason for my visit to AU in my invitation letter? So it's like I'm travelling to accompany my son.

3. How much money is required in my savings account to support my stay for 3 months?

4. Do you think I have chances to get approved?

Thank you in advance for your answers.???

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
The Philippines appears to be more relaxed with the 'reason to return; issue than some other countries.
I have personally known of a few Filipinas without bank accounts or employment, get a standard visitor visa for 3 months, with just the friend, or partner, stating they will cover all costs.

A well written letter from the Australian you are staying with might help.

On the family sponsored visa, my experience was negative, with a relative being denied, even with a large bank balance.

There seems to be no logic at times.

But of you are travelling with one child, and two are staying behind, I would think that might be good evidence of a reason to return. However, it is also well known that Filipinos do often leave children behind with relatives for years while living overseas.

Just give your reasons for the trip, and stating you need to return for the other children etc. Maybe mention the next doctor appointment etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.