Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day everyone! 馃槉

I am 24 years old and have an Australian boyfriend. We have been talking for months and he is visiting on October 2018, after his visit, he鈥檚 planning to sponsor me, for a Visitor Visa hopefully we can lodge my application by October 2018 as well after his visit.

My info:
I am unemployed, living with my mother, and my brother (20yo) my sister (18yo), my mother is a stroke patient that I take care of, (paralyzed right arm disabled) Living from small family income, I have a few savings from what my boyfriend sends me every fortnight, around (200aud every fortnight)
I have travelled once to Thailand before. (Year 2016) and stayed there for 5days for a tour.

My boyfriend鈥檚 info:
He is 27 years old, works in company serving government, as a team leader.
Has some savings.

I hope to ask for cover letter tips/sample for unemployed and tips for us for me to get approved for a Visitors visa as my intent is to see how Australia is, spend time with mu boyfriend, meet his family and friends.

Do you think I can get approval for Visitors visa?

I will surely go back here in the Philippines after the duration since I have mother who is a stroke patient as a strong tie, do I need to provide medical papers and pictures of her and us as a family? Also her birth certificate proof that we are related.

Any help/tips/advice is appreciated. Thank you so much!

Super Moderator
As he is not a close family member he can not sponsor you, he can however write a letter of invitation to you saying he will be responsible for all your travel costs, plus board and lodging. Your biggest problem will be proving your intent to return to the Philippines at the end of your holiday.
Have a read through other forum posts to see what people in a similar position have submitted.

Registered
I have the same concern. My Australian partner just visited me last month. Now we are planning to obtain tourist visa for me to meet his family and friends in Australia. I had a refused visa a year ago because I failed to provide letter of leave approval from my employer. Now I got a job again overseas and be able to get an approved leave. We are planning to start our application again soon. My concern is I am only 1year working on my current employer I have fear I would get rejected again. Second application maybe bit risky becahse I had refused visa in the past. I hope someone can give me an advice.

Registered
strong ties

As he is not a close family member he can not sponsor you, he can however write a letter of invitation to you saying he will be responsible for all your travel costs, plus board and lodging. Your biggest problem will be proving your intent to return to the Philippines at the end of your holiday.
Have a read through other forum posts to see what people in a similar position have submitted.
I totally agree, proof of strong ties would be the major challenge. However, I've read a story from another Filipino who has almost the same issue like you but she was caring for her sick daughter plus other kids are going to school so she provided medical certificate and school registrations.

I think the cover letter will help a bit but make it simple and concise.

Still, the decision lies on the officer who would review your application but ther's no harm in trying.

Goodluck kabayan, I hope you get approved coz Australia is really beautiful!

Registered
I have the same concern. My Australian partner just visited me last month. Now we are planning to obtain tourist visa for me to meet his family and friends in Australia. I had a refused visa a year ago because I failed to provide letter of leave approval from my employer. Now I got a job again overseas and be able to get an approved leave. We are planning to start our application again soon. My concern is I am only 1year working on my current employer I have fear I would get rejected again. Second application maybe bit risky becahse I had refused visa in the past. I hope someone can give me an advice.
This time make sure to provide an approved leave, exit-re-entry visa (if your current work has that), employment certificate, bank statement. I added a confirmation letter signed by my immediate supervisor stating that I am on a scheduled leave with free ticket provided by my company and we also put the dates I have to be back to work.

Not sure if it helped but luckily I got approved-first try. My college friend was the one who invited me to come visit, she's a nurse and she also mentioned in the letter that I can stay in her place.

Goodluck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much Kabayan!

I really hope I will get an approval, I will submit extra docs like my siblings鈥 birth certificates for family ties. Even my mums medical abstract, our family pics with my boyfriend in it too since he will be the one inviting me over and will Accommodate me, pay for all expenses.

Do you know where I can look for sample cover letters?

Thank you soo much!!

Registered
This time make sure to provide an approved leave, exit-re-entry visa (if your current work has that), employment certificate, bank statement. I added a confirmation letter signed by my immediate supervisor stating that I am on a scheduled leave with free ticket provided by my company and we also put the dates I have to be back to work.

Not sure if it helped but luckily I got approved-first try. My college friend was the one who invited me to come visit, she's a nurse and she also mentioned in the letter that I can stay in her place.

Goodluck!
Thank you for the reply kabayan!
My partner and I having double thoughts on applying tourist visa again for the second time. Instead, we are planning to apply PMV300. We already met once. No formal engagement yet but we are planning to get married soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.