Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure that I'm posting in the right area as this is my first post.

My fiance from Vietnam has been refused a visitor visa on two occasions because of insufficient funds, no assets etc. (I assume the department is concerned that she has no incentive to return to Vietnam and may not leave Australia on the expiry of her visa) We have since applied for a prospective marriage visa in September 2017.
We would like to her to visit me here in Australia while the prospective marriage visa is being considered.
What would be an optimum time apply for another visitor visa application and how likely is it to be granted

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Search this forum for a post thread started by me search "PAM 3" and about 3 pages maybe 4 pages in is PAM 3 old and out of date.

Read it.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Unless you can properly address the reasons for the refusals ( genuine visitor requirements), it is likely they will continue to refuse the tourist visa applications.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
With due respect Nick, they don't "need" to tell you all the reasons.

Certainly did not with us.
Agreed, they don't and more often than not the refusal letter is just a general cut and paste job without too much specific detail. They do however have to state which regulation has not been met. More often than not it is the "Genuine Visitor" requirement, which covers just about anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your responses. It has been suggested to me that because the PMV can only be granted if my fiance is off-shore there is an incentive for her leave the country before the PMV is finally reviewed..
I'd be interested in your comment and whether immigration would take this argument into account when reviewing her visitor visa application.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you all for your responses. It has been suggested to me that because the PMV can only be granted if my fiance is off-shore there is an incentive for her leave the country before the PMV is finally reviewed..
I'd be interested in your comment and whether immigration would take this argument into account when reviewing her visitor visa application.
It is a valid argument and they should take it into account, but it is not always enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.