Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently studying on a Visa Subclass 572, since January this year. My course doesn't finish until June 2017, however I want to cancel my course to leave the country in October and return home to the UK.

My next student Fees are due on the 8th October 2016, however I wish to leave Australia on the 30th October 2016, without having to pay another terms fees. So my plan is to give my college 28 days notice (8th Sept 16) so my studies will terminate on the 8th oct, just before the next terms fee is due.

My question is, will I legally to able to wait in Australia until 30th Oct? which is when I will leave. (Will my Visa give me 28 days to leave the country after my course is cancelled).

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Normally it will take a little while for the course cancellation to go through the system so you should be OK .. However, if you visa has not been cancelled before you leave Australia you are strongly advised to notify the Department that you have left Australia and that you wish to Cancel your visa because you don't need it any more. In this way there will be no 3 year bar put on any future visa applications.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I am in the same situation. I want to cancel my student visa but the director of my school told me that not complete the period granted by the Australian Goberment could affect future visa applications.
According the previous answer I should notify immigration about leaving Australia before my visa ends, How can I do this? should I do it when I am in Australia or I can do it from other country? I went today to immigration but they give me a phone number impossible to connect
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.