Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

My name is Theo, I am French and I live in Australia since 1,5 years.
I am actually on a student visa to study a MBA.

To explain briefly my situation, my boss was paying my studies but he unfortunately passed away two months ago. I can't afford the rest of the Master so I need to go back in France.

My girlfriend is Australian and we planned to apply in the future for a Partner visa.

I would like to know if cancelling voluntary a student visa will be a problem in the future to come back here?

Thank you,

Theo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, not in the circumstances you described.
Thank you Russell.

I have another serious problem which is, I came on a de-facto with my ex-girlfriend from France. We're separated but she is still in Australia and depends on me. She plans to go in France at the same time than I.

I'm not sure what is the best option to apply for a partner visa and when?

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
I'd suggest you speak with a registered migration agent as your situation sounds fairly complicated. If you have a de facto as a dependent on your student visa and you haven't declared your relationship breakdown to DHA, it will cause obvious issues if you want to claim this same time as being in a relationship with the Australian partner for a future partner visa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd suggest you speak with a registered migration agent as your situation sounds fairly complicated. If you have a de facto as a dependent on your student visa and you haven't declared your relationship breakdown to DHA, it will cause obvious issues if you want to claim this same time as being in a relationship with the Australian partner for a future partner visa.
I know, this is why I needed an answer.

Thank you anyway for your reply, I'm gonna contact a registered migration agent to clarify the situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts