Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the final stages of putting my partner migrant visa 309/100 application together and I now need to see a notary public or similar.

I have a query though, what actually need to be witnesses or notorised?

Maybe I am missing something but I cannot for the life of me see a list of what needs to be witnessed.

I am assuming that it is just the copied evidence, and photocopies that I have produced but please sombody steer me in the right direction.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You need to have a further read of both Booklet #1 and the application section online for the visa.
There is mention that Immi advise not to send originals of documents other than for police checks unless it is stipulated by the embassy handling the application that something different applies, India for instance requiring to sight a passport rather than a certified copy of the ID page.

So any documents like birth certificates you get translated if need be by registered translator and then have a copy certified using the notary public etc.
Non Australians abroad can have a statement witnessed if they like but it is not considered a statutory declaration as under Australian law.
Read all that stuff from about page 27 on in Booklet#1.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm having the original documents certified - so passports, birth certs, marriage cert.
And I'm only have the statements by myself and my husband witnessed, not the others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.