Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

First off, apologies if this is already covered, I tried to search but couldn't find a thread for PMV 300 holders waiting for 820 grant.

We applied for 820 on the 5th, so no expectations just yet, but I'm wondering how long it has been taking recently for PMV 300 holders applying for 820 to get granted the visa? The time it shows on the immi application is 20 - 25 months, but I imagine that is the wait time for either the 801, or for people who are not coming from a PMV 300?

I read in the past that it can be granted usually in 1 - 3 months but with the shake ups in the last year I wonder if that has all changed?

Many thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
132 Posts
Immi will tell you that the wait time is the same regardless of whether you're coming from a PMV or not, but it isn't the case. There is a thread or two floating around somewhere on this topic, which I was checking regularly when going through the same wait. Ours took 9 months, being granted on Valentine's Day last year. Another German waited about the same, but most people's were much faster than that. Some were a few weeks, others a few months. Melbourne's grants seemed to be the slowest, not sure about Sydney. If you can find the old threads, bump them up and see if anyone can give you more recent info.

Hope yours comes quickly!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Arianwen! I will try and search again for those threads you mentioned :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi not sure where our visa is being processed (we're from ACT) but we applied for 820 from PMV 300 at the end of June and still waiting...so nearly 7 months now. Only contact so far being request for sponsor police check...provided it to them within the timeframe but no further movement, including sponsor form still sitting on a status of submitted (not approved).
Keen to know if anyone has any updates on this.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey guys,

Just curious - when applying for the 820 coming from PMV 300, do you need to do the whole new form 47sp/form 40sp/form 80 etc online all over again? Or is it more so uploading new evidence since the 300 grant?

I know you obviously need new 888 forms and the marriage certificate etc, but still kind of confused about about the whole process of 300 to 820 and from what date you would need to provide evidence from.

That is interesting to have to provide a new sponsor police check. I would have thought a 300 to 820 would not require one

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hey guys,

Just curious - when applying for the 820 coming from PMV 300, do you need to do the whole new form 47sp/form 40sp/form 80 etc online all over again? Or is it more so uploading new evidence since the 300 grant?

I know you obviously need new 888 forms and the marriage certificate etc, but still kind of confused about about the whole process of 300 to 820 and from what date you would need to provide evidence from.

That is interesting to have to provide a new sponsor police check. I would have thought a 300 to 820 would not require one
Yes, you have to create a new application for the combined 820/801 visas and there is a question asking if you are a 300 holder to drop the price at the end. It may seem odd to redo all this but it's not. It's not a combined 300/820/801 app, it's a 300 app and then an 820/801 app.

So basically do everything all over again that you did for the 300, with updated evidences (from date of 300 grant as they last assessed your relationship on that date, so only need new evidence since then), F888s, marriage cert, etc. I was not asked for new police checks and nor was my partner (sponsor), even though his was 12 months old in the month of application and grant of the 820. I would not bother getting new police checks unless asked to do so.

My wait time in 2016 was 20 days for the 820 from 300.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I will add that I applied in WA and another former forum user from the US on a 300 applied for their 820/801 around the same time I did from a different state, and last I heard from her she had been waiting 4 months without a grant. She went off the forum after that so no idea how long it actually took, but because of that I always believed the wait time varies depending on your state.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I will add that I applied in WA and another former forum user from the US on a 300 applied for their 820/801 around the same time I did from a different state, and last I heard from her she had been waiting 4 months without a grant. She went off the forum after that so no idea how long it actually took, but because of that I always believed the wait time varies depending on your state.
I agree! When we did ours we received it in 3 weeks and someone who applied in another state and 3 weeks earlier than us theirs took about 3 months from memory.

Even years later I still remember our 820 grant because it was granted while we were still waiting for the marriage certificate from BDM lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
PMV 300 from Morocco

Hi everybody,plz im from Morocco and i will marry an Australian guy from Brisbane Queensland state in next June ,we think that we should apply for 300 visa instead of applying for the 820/801 because we have heard it is more quick and less complicated , plz what do you recommend and what are your advice. Im new here and i do not know from where i should start my application and paper work .thank you very much

Rajaa

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi everybody,plz im from Morocco and i will marry an Australian guy from Brisbane Queensland state in next June ,we think that we should apply for 300 visa instead of applying for the 820/801 because we have heard it is more quick and less complicated , plz what do you recommend and what are your advice. Im new here and i do not know from where i should start my application and paper work .thank you very much

Rajaa
I would not say more quick is any accurate statement. In fact, it's actually the longer route to take ultimately as you're adding an extra partner visa stage to the beginning of the partner visa journey. Some people have waited well over a year to a year and half for a 300 grant, then several more months until they can migrate to Oz, marry, and apply for the 820/801. Then one has to wait for the 820 and then it's two years from THAT application date that one is eligible to be assessed for the final stage of PR (801), which has it's own wait time of about a year to a year and a half from most people I've seen on this forum.

So not only is the 300 the more expensive route, it can also add a couple of years to the whole process. Even if you were one of the very few lucky ones to get it granted within a few months, it still delays the timeframe of applying for the 820/801 so it still draws out the whole process.

Whereas a straight 309/100 or 820/801 app starts that two year eligibility timer straight away.

So faster is certainly not the way to describe the 300. Though if your only option is an offshore visa, then in some cases it can be granted more quickly than a 309 but from places like the US and UK, as any example, we don't see the 300 typically being any faster than the 309 from timelines of people who post on here. Even Canada where we've seen a couple of quick 300 grants, I have also seen people from Canada waiting well over a year for the same visa. It truly is luck of the draw.

The question is whether or not you are even eligible for a partner visa such as the 820/801 or 309/100. Being engaged or married is not enough. Immigration looks at the relationship evidence as a whole and you must meet the relationship requirements stated. This goes for non-married de facto, engaged, or married partners. So if you don't meet the requirements, you'll face a denial and have donated a hefty application fee to the Aussie government.

The 300 does not require the same type of de facto evidence and I have always considered it a fair option for people in long term relationships who are already intending to marry and live together, but who have been unable to do so (as my partner and I). It gives you the option to move to Australia and more importantly actually live with your partner (Which in in many cases of a 300, hasn't happened - my partner and I would of course "live" together when visiting each other but that's not the same as establishing a home and day-to-day routines together). It gives that opportunity and time to be together in one country and really know for certain you want to marry and live with this person for the rest of your lives, and if you do, you marry and move on to applying the next stage.

So in a sense, the 300 can be easier evidence wise because it does not require the same sort of combined lives as the 820/801 or 309/100 visas. It's more of proving your relationship is genuine and your intent to actually marry and live together. But faster? Certainly not in the whole scheme of things.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts

Rajaa
Do you have a current visa for Australia. It should be noted thst tourist visas from Morocco are hard to get (alot get rejected with very few approvals).

In addition to what sky has said....

If you do not have a visa to Australia you would need to lodge through the embasy in Cairo and they are very stirct evidence wise and the PMV is alot easier than the 309/100. The 309/100 is only suitable if you have enough evidence ie. Have lived together for atleast 3 months.

Also have you met in person?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd update this.

4 months in now and still waiting. I had to get a police check (sponsor) at the 3 month mark.

Anyone had theirs granted recently in NSW ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.