Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have created this thread for all those applicants who are still waiting very patiently for over 24 months to hear back anything from the immigration regarding their Visa.

Please add your timeline, comments ,recent interaction with Immigration :and any helpful hints.

Good luck to all :):):):):):):):)

Hopefully this new financial years bring lot of grants and happiness for all those are waiting so far for such a long time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Waiting for 24months

Hello , we applied for the 820/801 in August 2016 and have been waiting ever since. Ours is a long term marriage 10 years and we have a child as well. My husband is a permanent resident but we had been living over seas therefore he is currently on a resident return visa which has been renewed 3 times now (eligible for citizenship next year).
I recently read on the home affairs website that visas are granted as per a priority list. As per this list it seems that resident return visa holders applications for spouse visa will be last priority. Anyone heard of anything similar ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm waiting for 28months now and finally made a complaint to immigration about it.
Got feedback email acknowledging my complaint. Still waiting to hear back.
Let us know know please if you hear anything more from IMMI.
Hi, I got an standard automated reply from Immigration, which they reply to all complaints I guess. It was like global processing times keep on changing, you can check it monthly. Bla bla bla

Conclusion : It wasn't useful or helpful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, mine took over 24mos to process 820 Partner Visa. I’m confuse whether the 801 is on process as well since 820 and 801 are lodged the same time and 801 takes 24mos to process. I don’t know how they do it, others lodged theirs later and got granted before ours.
Timeline:
Came here from the Philippines 16 April 2016 on a tourist visa.
Lodged 820/801 1 July 2016
Had my Medical July 2017
820 Visa granted 2 August 2018

I hope everyone will get a positive results the soonest. 😊

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, mine took over 24mos to process 820 Partner Visa. I'm confuse whether the 801 is on process as well since 820 and 801 are lodged the same time and 801 takes 24mos to process. I don't know how they do it, others lodged theirs later and got granted before ours.
Timeline:
Had my Medical July 2017

Well according the website when we applied, if you get 820 approved within 24 months then you have to wait further for 801 to be processed but with these new rules, it could be take more time.
Were you asked to provide any Police clearance?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, mine took over 24mos to process 820 Partner Visa. I'm confuse whether the 801 is on process as well since 820 and 801 are lodged the same time and 801 takes 24mos to process. I don't know how they do it, others lodged theirs later and got granted before ours.
Timeline:
Had my Medical July 2017

Well according the website when we applied, if you get 820 approved within 24 months then you have to wait further for 801 to be processed but with these new rules, it could be take more time.
Were you asked to provide any Police clearance?
Yes, I've been asked for Police Clearance, both from Australia and the Philippines. I get request for more evidence of the relationship every 3-4months the whole 24mos of process as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I've been asked for Police Clearance, both from Australia and the Philippines. I get request for more evidence of the relationship every 3-4months the whole 24mos of process as well.
Ok. It doesnt hurt to send an email to Immi or migration agent to ask if you can be considered for 801 as well as you have waited over 24 months to get 820 , generally we have read few people have received 801 grant shortly after getting 802.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very desperate for your help, please help.

I'm overseas at the moment and my 801 has been refused saying my evidences aren't enough.
What do I do now? What visa am I on now?
Can I come back into Australia asap to apply an appeal (aat) ?
How long do I get to appeal ?
What are my options please help.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.