Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys

I lodged application for PMV in November 2017. I provided all documents and a few months ago I sent some missing documents as well. Havent heard anything since then and its more than 12 months already.
My fiancee is here in Australia with her 2 kids (who are also part of this application) on tourist visa atm.

They are on E-tourist visa that allows them to stay in Australia for 12 months but with maximum 3 months stay in one go.
These 3 months will pass in 2 weeks so they will have to leave the country- probably going to New Zealand so they can come back and stay in Aus for another 3 months.

My plan is that they will leave Aus and go to New Zealand in the morning and come back to Aus in the evening on the same day.
Is that ok or they have to leave the country for longer period?

Will they be questioned at the airport and is it bad to tell airport officer that they left just because their 3 months visa finished?
Or is it better if they leave Aus for longer time than just a few hours?
Does it matter?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Technically they only have to leave Australia and come back to reset the stay period. No one can predict what a border agent will say or do but I personally wouldn't risk leaving and coming back the same day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.