Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Yes, it has been 23 months since I applied for the 189 visa and 6 months since I submitted the documents for the last request from the immigration. Since then, the visa status is further assessment. Me and my agent sent many emails asking about the visa status and if there are any further requestd but we got no reply. I made a complain last week and I received a feedback saying they understand my concern but visa processing time is different for each individual and I should wait for any further requests.
I am so frustrated. I lost many jobs due to I do not have a substantial visa ( currently on bridging visa A). The current timeframe is from 8 to 10 months.
I need any advise. What can I do? My agent said I should wait but I can wait no longer.
Please help.
Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
It sounds like you and your agent have already contacted the department and lodged a complaint. There's really nothing else you can do but wait. What country are you from? Some applications get selected for external security checks and those can be very lengthy if Immigration needs to wait to receive information from foreign government agencies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am from Iraq but I live in Australia since 2013. I came on student visa. I know many friends from my country and they got their visas within 8 months. Everything was OK and the department was contacting us regularly every 2 months until January 2018. Then, they stopped. Most of the documents were lodged in October 2016.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.