Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I applied at the beginning of January for the temporary partner visa. I live with my partner together in Australia where we rent a house. We are dating since August 2013 and I moved permanently to Australia in the middle of last year. The only reason I didn't move earlier was because of my degree which I had to finish in Germany. During the seperation he visited me 3 times in Germany and I came to Australia 6 times (for several month). At the moment I am on the bridging Visa A.

Anyway, now I got a Job offer which requires me to overseas for 2 1/2 month. Due to work and study commitments my partner would not be able to join me. It is a great opportunity for me though and I would love to accept it. I am just a bit uncertain because I do not want it to influence the decision of my partner visa. My question is, if it is okay to be apart for that long if it is for work? And could it influence the decision of the case officer (who we do not have yet) in any way negatively?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I applied at the beginning of January for the temporary partner visa. I live with my partner together in Australia where we rent a house. We are dating since August 2013 and I moved permanently to Australia in the middle of last year. The only reason I didn't move earlier was because of my degree which I had to finish in Germany. During the seperation he visited me 3 times in Germany and I came to Australia 6 times (for several month). At the moment I am on the bridging Visa A.

Anyway, now I got a Job offer which requires me to overseas for 2 1/2 month. Due to work and study commitments my partner would not be able to join me. It is a great opportunity for me though and I would love to accept it. I am just a bit uncertain because I do not want it to influence the decision of my partner visa. My question is, if it is okay to be apart for that long if it is for work? And could it influence the decision of the case officer (who we do not have yet) in any way negatively?

Thank you!
Hey ,
Just opinion from my personal experiences, you will have really lot of opurtunities in life, but I would say not to jeopardise your application,I have lost enough in my life just coz of job.

I would suggest you to stick what you are doing, sometimes , things happen and then we realise it later why did I do that.

I'm not saying it will effect your application if their is a separation for 2 or 3 months, but why risk ur application, we never know how and what is the case officer thinking.

So my suggestion would be stick with what your doing now, get your visa anD life will give us enough oputtunities in life all the time.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
No just inform them and keep a good log of your communications and upload a copy say half way and on return.

Separation for work are common and generally easy to explain.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I live seperate from my partner 8/12 months per year due to her work.

Granted these are in smaller bursts (2 weeks away 1 week home).
The requirement is that you don't live permanently apart.

Having said that, you need to look at how this will reflect on you. The quality of the information provided in your application so far, the quality and presentation of the further information you will provide.

There are many factors that can impact it. The question I would be asking if I was your case officer is why you moved over here but continued to look for jobs abroad, especially if your partner is unwilling to go.

Especially as this is a potential direct to PR application due to length of time.

I would prompt you to get a consult with an agent and ask them how strong your application is and wether there are any factors you need take into account.

The easy answer is yes you can do it - the harder answer is will an individual look at it in a bad light. As Visawait said - is the 2.5 months work really worth it?

·
Registered
242 Posts
As above, the separation will not reflect on your application, many people here live in different countries to their partners during processing. As indicated above keep a detail log of say, Skype/Facebook/sms msg, any communication continuing your dedication / exclusiveness to each other. If the time apart is questioned, be truthful career opportunities to help you and your partners financial future and career progression. Many people live in Australia and their work commitments are international. .:D

** Also you would need to apply for bridging Visa B, Visa A allows you to exit but not re-enter Australia, Visa B, allows you to exit and enter Australia during the process. **

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi/Bridging-visas

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I agree with VisaWait. It's something to really consider. Especially since they are now trying to process as many decision ready partner visas that they can. I applied 6 months ago and had my CO call me this morning (first I knew I had a CO) requesting additional documents (AFP, Form 80). For only 2 1/2 months, is it worth it in the long run?? Also, BVBs are processed on a case by case basis. You'd have to apply and hope they will give you one that is long enough. Also keep in mind that in order for them to grant the 820 visa, you have to be onshore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was separated from my partner for 5 months. We had to prove with a heap of evidence we were in a relationship whist apart. Personal messages, FaceTimes, phone records, letters, emails... the lot.
I'd personally get your visa before taking on any work commitments. It's so much hassle and a heap of stress, we had a further 5 months wait on top of that before we got our visa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.