Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am an Australian Citizen, and my wife is not. We are planned to come to Australia in December. She will use ETA to come and will apply for Subclass 820 while she is onshore. I would like to know:
1. She would submit the application online. Upon submission, when would she receive the confirmation email for her Subclass 820 application. Can she use the email confirmation to apply for Medicare Card?
2. How long would it take for her Medicare Card application?

Thanks.:)

·
Registered
291 Posts
You get a confirmation email pretty quickly from them, as soon as they receive it with a receipt attached and BVA grant notice too. You can use the BVA grant notice to get a Medicare card. I applied for mine at my nearest office and they gave a me paper card there and then while I waited for the real one in the post, I could use it straight away.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
431 Posts
When she applies for the medicare card, she will receive a slip (like a receipt) with her medicare number. The medicare card will arrive in mail a few days later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am an Australian Citizen, and my wife is not. We are planned to come to Australia in December. She will use ETA to come and will apply for Subclass 820 while she is onshore. I would like to know:
1. She would submit the application online. Upon submission, when would she receive the confirmation email for her Subclass 820 application. Can she use the email confirmation to apply for Medicare Card?
2. How long would it take for her Medicare Card application?

Thanks.:)
I went to medicare yesterday (2nd Dec) with all the papers including visa (186) acknowledgement letter (submitted on 1st Dec), My details wasn't showing in their system and they said, that the immi dept shares the information to with medicare but it takes 2 to 3 working days. I have to go again next week to apply.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I applied for a Medicare card as a Turist, when I was on a turistvisa.. and got a Reciprocal Medicare card
And got one on the spot ( a paper one)
Once I had my 820 visa lodged, they sent me
An Interim Medicare card.
So the office I belong to seems to be on top of things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.