Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( i feel so devastated. i just saw that the waiting time for PMV rose to 10-14 months, because of the sackings in the Immigration Border or something like that. how do people survive without each other for so long, im so depressed, i havent seen my sweetheart since september and now i wont be able to see him for ages, except a small trip if i can afford it. if its because of sackings, is there a chance the processing times will decrease if they employ more staff? is there a way to get it faster? pay more or something? should i go for a different visa instead? like a working visa?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
It is more to do with quotas as they can only give out so many visa's a year so they stagger it throughout the year hense the increase.

The federal govt has money problems I don't forsee them employing many new people.

You could always come on a WHV and then get married and apply before it expires.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could always come on a WHV and then get married and apply before it expires.
wouldnt i have to wait the same amount of time anyway? cos i dont yet have been living with my partner for 12 months, so the WHV would allow me to stay that long with him, but then i'd have to go back home and wait again. or am i wrong? i hope im wrong

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Marriage you need more evidence than a PMV so it is best to live together for a few months after marriage to gather evidence.

The waiting time is around the same but you are together onshore and don't need to leave.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marriage you need more evidence than a PMV so it is best to live together for a few months after marriage to gather evidence.

The waiting time is around the same but you are together onshore and don't need to leave.
this might just save me <3 is WHV a 'no further stay' visa?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. You just need to be under 31 I believe.
:D wow, this just saved me such immense pain, you have no idea. sorry to drag this, but could i apply for the prospective marriage visa and go to australia on WHV as i wait, so i can be with my fiancé?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
:D wow, this just saved me such immense pain, you have no idea. sorry to drag this, but could i apply for the prospective marriage visa and go to australia on WHV as i wait, so i can be with my fiancé?
Yes you can do that too.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
We did the PMV application then she got a 12 month visitor visa so we can stay in Australia together while waiting.

Reactions: Davila43 and Rozyx

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I applied for a PMV back in 2012 I came to Australia on a 6 month tourist visa, however I wasn't allowed to get married until my PMV was granted. And if you are in Australia whilst your PMV is granted you need to leave AUS and re-enter. Not sure if the rules have changed :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi JandE - Did you apply for the PMV offshore or onshore ? I am trying to do the same by coming to Australia on the Work and Holiday visa and then applying for the onshore Partner Visa (De Facto). But if I could apply for the offshore partner visa and go to Australia on the Work and Holiday visa while we wait for the approval, I would much prefer to do that!

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
When I applied for a PMV back in 2012 I came to Australia on a 6 month tourist visa, however I wasn't allowed to get married until my PMV was granted. And if you are in Australia whilst your PMV is granted you need to leave AUS and re-enter. Not sure if the rules have changed :)
The rules for PMV are still the same.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Hi JandE - Did you apply for the PMV offshore or onshore ? I am trying to do the same by coming to Australia on the Work and Holiday visa and then applying for the onshore Partner Visa (De Facto). But if I could apply for the offshore partner visa and go to Australia on the Work and Holiday visa while we wait for the approval, I would much prefer to do that!
The PMV is an offshore visa.

If you have been together long enough, then a WHV would be best, followed by the onshore partner visa application.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The PMV is an offshore visa.

If you have been together long enough, then a WHV would be best, followed by the onshore partner visa application.
Hey JandE

I read in your signature that you're expecting your visa to be granted between 20-02-2016 and 19-03-2016. How do you know that? Have you been informed by your CO? I applied 7 days later than you so my hope did just rise ;) Thanks

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Juat a calculation based on the dates others have got theirs. fingers crossed i am right

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Ah ok. Let's hope for the best indeed. What embassy is processing yours? Mine goes through Madrid.
Ours is Manila.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.