Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Partner (Provisional) (class UF) (subclass 309) /Partner (Migrant) (class BC) (subclass 100) visa

*Legally Married in November 2016
*Applied online for Offshore provisional visa on August 2017 & Uploaded Documents.
*Received email from Embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka requesting for more documents including further proof of relationship with spouse despite being legally married and updated police clearance.
*Submitted the Requested documents one month ago. I clicked information submitted & also sent a reply to the original email.

How do I get in touch with the case officer assigned to my application. Is the case officer based in Australia or in the local embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka? The email I received was from a generic email address from the embassy. However when applied for the skilled base migration many years ago I got an email directly from the case officer in Adelaide.

How long should it take to process the application given that I am already married?

Some people seem to get the visa within 3 months
australiaforum dot com/visas-immigration/219618-partner-visa-309-visa-grant-2-months-2017-a-7.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
partner (provisional) (class uf) (subclass 309) /partner (migrant) (class bc) (subclass 100) visa

*legally married in november 2016
*applied online for offshore provisional visa on august 2017 & uploaded documents.
*received email from embassy in colombo, sri lanka requesting for more documents including further proof of relationship with spouse despite being legally married and updated police clearance.
*submitted the requested documents one month ago. I clicked information submitted & also sent a reply to the original email.

how do i get in touch with the case officer assigned to my application. is the case officer based in australia or in the local embassy in colombo, sri lanka? the email i received was from a generic email address from the embassy. However when applied for the skilled base migration many years ago i got an email directly from the case officer in adelaide.

how long should it take to process the application given that i am already married?

some people seem to get the visa within 3 months
australiaforum dot com/visas-immigration/219618-partner-visa-309-visa-grant-2-months-2017-a-7.html
it comes down to luck a lot of the times.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Being married won't prioritize your application. It's the same application whether you're married, engaged or de facto so none of those things take priority over others. Even having children wouldn't prioritize the application.

Some people get through quicker than others. There's no point comparing offshore waiting times with other countries though as each location has it's own queue of apps to process and wait times vary between locations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.