Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
There is kitkaat and newmissus. There is also a couple waiting on 300 from Cairo too.

When did you lodge?

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey congratulations for getting your visa
I think you will help me regarding this
I am from Bangladesh I applied for prospective marriage visa on 16th of January 2014 did my medical test 29th of january 2014 though I submitted my police checks along with the application so thats fine too since then I haven't get any email. Can you share your experience? After giving your medical test when did they email you ? giving medical test is it positive sign? did they asked you to give any supplement information during the process?

thanks again

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Thanks :). We got a request for interview around 4 months. They tell you to bring anything extra you have and told us we can supply extra evidence as we went along ie. After I visited my fiance. You don't really hear anything until decision is ready or about ready.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's quite frustrating taking so long . Did you show any joint account ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
thanx feeling relax

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
How did you get a tourist visa? Have not heard of anyone getting one from Cairo. Unless it is the family sponsored have heard of applicants getting them as they are processed in Australia.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How did you get a tourist visa? Have not heard of anyone getting one from Cairo. Unless it is the family sponsored have heard of applicants getting them as they are processed in Australia.
Well this is actually my 3 rd tourist visa.
Well this is actually my 3 rd tourist visa.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Well this is actually my 3 rd tourist visa. I think i just present things in a good way and prove that am a genuine tourist.No it is not family stream. Lets hope that my pmv will be approved soon. I am patient though :)
That is good :). Was your first one pre-2011? The refusals from Cairo all seem to have same reasons 1/ stronger ties to Oz than Egypt (due to partner) and 2/ civil unrest.

Who is your co for your pmv?

How long are you in Oz for? I wonder if they will wait for you to go back to Cairo before they interview you - they tend to interview around the 4 month mark.

Also are you Egyptian?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am here and still waiting. I done my AFP certificate and it's on the way to me. They asked translation to our marriage certificate (not the civil one) cuz if we had civil marriage certificate we would apply as a spouse/partner visa rather than de-facto.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I am here and still waiting. I done my AFP certificate and it's on the way to me. They asked translation to our marriage certificate (not the civil one) cuz if we had civil marriage certificate we would apply as a spouse/partner visa rather than de-facto.
Why did you need an AFP? I thought that was only needed for the applicant or if the kids were not the sponsors.

Marriage certificate, do you mean a marriage contact? Not the one where you need the embassy's permission to marry in Egypt?

It is such a pain having to get so many things translated.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.