Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm hoping that someone can help with a question we have around submitting form 1447 with a Subclass 600 (Visitor) visa submission. My best mate has been married with his wife for almost a year and are getting ready to submit a Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309).

They are looking at submitting the tourist visa first in the hope of getting the no further stay condition waived so that they can then submit the partner visa from here in Australia and I thought to have a look and see if I could find any information on the chance of this being successful and I found that there is a request form 1447. From my understanding this would at least get the immigration department to have a look at this instead of riding purely on luck.

To add some history my mates wife has been to Australia three times already on tourist visas with no over stays etc. The first time she was sponsored by her Aunt and the other two by my mate and they were married here in Australia on her last trip where she returned home last July.

My questions are:
Has anyone had success with a 1447 submitted with a tourist visa?
Would anyone be able to give a success rate of getting a no further stay waived?
If not can anyone that has had the no further stay waived be able to provide some history on how many visits to Australia etc. before it was waived?

Any assistance would be appreciated as they are trying to make sure that they are on the right path and don't want to make mistakes along the way.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.