Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am currently in Australia on a 408 visa (temporary activity).
With my Australian partner we are going to apply for a partner visa, but due to the long processing times I am expecting to get stuck on a BVA for quite a while.
I'm assuming my BVA will have a work condition, to continue to be employed by my current sponsor.

I am not sure going for the financial hardships option as of right now can be our case.

The reason why I'd like the condition to be waived, is that my current sponsored job is 9 award drive away from where my partner is settled, also same location where we'd like to settle together.

Technically I can't leave my job until I get a waiver which means I can't reunite with my partner until the partner visa gets approved, which could easily be 1.5 to 2 years from now.

Additionally we'd like to have a kid next year but we wouldn't want to start the pregnancy being so far away.

Any advice ??

Thank you, much appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
BVAs associated with partner visa applications come with nil conditions.

Have you confirmed that the conditions on your 408 allow you to make a further onshore application?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BVAs associated with partner visa applications come with nil conditions.

Have you confirmed that the conditions on your 408 allow you to make a further onshore application?
Hi there, thank you for your comment, I was wondering about that as I have read that before - that BVA associated with partner visa have no restrictions, although I was trying to find that in the legislature but couldn't really find.

Anyhow that is great new, and yes 408 is a valid subsequent visa that allows further onshore applications.

Please let me know if you have any other advice !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.