Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I will appreciate some help with this: I have one year relationship with an Australian but most of that time, he went to my country (Peru) to visit twice for 3 months each, I just got here to Aus (Perth) under a working holiday visa (462) on march and I would like to apply to an onshore PMV (820-801) so I have some questions:

1. When would be a good time to apply (1, 2 or 3 months before my WH visa expires?)
2. If I apply, I won't have exactly the 12 months required, can I use the months he visited me on Peru?
3. The only restrictions I see on my visa are 8303 - 8304 - 8547 - 8548 - 8564 - 8602, does any of these affect my application?
4. Would it be better to get marry before applying? (we really want to wait for later) unless is completely necessary)
5. We alrdy have a joined bank account and a apartment rent lease under both names, what other documents would be good to gather to back up our relationship?
6. Would be any conflict if I got engaged before applying?
7. I can only work for an employee up to 6 months, if I apply and get a bridge visa, can I keep working in the same place?
8. Any other advice will be really welcome.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
First to avoid confusion, a PMV is the prospective marriage visa subclass 300 offshore only. It's for engaged couples. If you use PMV to refer to partner migration visa, you'll just create confusion. Best to call it by the subclass you intend to apply as there are two different de facto/spouse subclasses. So you want the 820/801.

Thr best time to apply is when you qualify for the visa. De facto fact sheet.

Being married or engaged or de facto doesn't matter for the 820/801. You either meet the relationship requirements or you don't. They have and will deny married couple partner visas because they don't meet thr requirements and thought being married in and of itself was enough to get permanent residency in Australia. Long story short, marry when you are ready, not for a visa.

You should do a Google search of 820/801 or 309/100 de facto evidence and see those examples. There's no exact list of what evidence to provide as every relationship is different, but expect to show a lot more than a joint account and a lease.

If you apply for the 820/801, a BVA is immediately granted and comes with no work restrictions. The catch is the BVA does not go into effect until your current visa ends so you are bound by the conditions of that visa (including the work restrictions) while you're on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.