Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got a sponsorship to work as a KFC crew member in Australia.

I've just received a message from my sponsor that I will be called for an interview by the Australian embassy in my country within next two weeks and prepare for the interview.
I am pretty exited about it.

Well, I am not very fluent in English but I can manage to talk.
I do not have any idea about the question visa officer is going to ask me.

Please experienced members can assist me with the questions those I can expect and the answers for the questions?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
What sort of occupation have you been sponsored for? I'm not aware of any position in a KFC restaurant that would meet the criteria for a sponsored visa. Perhaps head office positions though.

I've also never heard of an interview for an employer sponsored visa. For someone who thinks their English isn't very fluent, your written English doesn't indicate that.

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
What sort of occupation have you been sponsored for? I'm not aware of any position in a KFC restaurant that would meet the criteria for a sponsored visa. Perhaps head office positions though.

I've also never heard of an interview for an employer sponsored visa. For someone who thinks their English isn't very fluent, your written English doesn't indicate that.
My thoughts exactly Maggie-May, I was wondering if it was some sort of wind up, or the lead up to some unsolicited advertising for an employment agency!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is how he told me in email.

Hi,

as per your document you can be appointed as junior Crew Member (Pizza Hut or KFC) as well as flowing thinks will be offer to your package

• Accommodation (2 person sharing room)
  • Transport (duty hours)
  • food (duty meal only)
  • Over-Time (if management request)
  • Duty Hours per week 6 days / per day 6hours
  • Salary per-hour 14.78 AUD
  • Medical Provide by company
  • Contract 2yrs
  • Visa Employment Visa (Renewable)

Now if you interest please let us know asap

-----
He told me his uncle sponsor the visa and KFC will recruit me.

For someone who thinks their English isn't very fluent, your written English doesn't indicate that.
Actually I am a software engineer. of course a Software Engineer should be fluent in English.
I am helping to find the answers for my brother-in-law.
Apologies for NOT indicate that earlier...

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
This is how he told me in email.

Hi,

as per your document you can be appointed as junior Crew Member (Pizza Hut or KFC) as well as flowing thinks will be offer to your package

[*]Accommodation (2 person sharing room)
[*] Transport (duty hours)
[*] food (duty meal only)
[*] Over-Time (if management request)
[*] Duty Hours per week 6 days / per day 6hours
[*] Salary per-hour 14.78 AUD
[*] Medical Provide by company
[*] Contract 2yrs
[*] Visa Employment Visa (Renewable)

Now if you interest please let us know asap

-----
He told me his uncle sponsor the visa and KFC will recruit me.

Actually I am a software engineer. of course a Software Engineer should be fluent in English.
I am helping to find the answers for my brother-in-law.
Apologies for NOT indicate that earlier...
My friend I am afraid it is a scam! To start with these types of jobs ( crew member) are generally not eligible for a 457 visa.
Also the salary is well below the full time minimum adult wage of $18.99 per hour. This rate also includes 4 weeks paid holiday a year as well as 2 weeks paid sick leave a year.
I have seen these offers before, you usually have to pay some fee to be eligible, you never see your visa or your money again!

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I agree definitely a scam. KFC does not need to sponsor people they have enough Australian residents wanting to work for them.

Sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My friend I am afraid it is a scam! To start with these types of jobs ( crew member) are generally not eligible for a 457 visa.
Also the salary is well below the full time minimum adult wage of $18.99 per hour. This rate also includes 4 weeks paid holiday a year as well as 2 weeks paid sick leave a year.
I have seen these offers before, you usually have to pay some fee to be eligible, you never see your visa or your money again!
what..!!!???
His uncle has restaurants in Australia.
So he told his uncle can sponsor around 12 visas annually.

Me and my brother-in-law met him in person and discussed with him.
He made a legal agreement with us that he will pay back all the money we spent if he could not help us to obtain a visa.

We both agreed term and conditions and signed in front of a lawyer.
Also I have all the phone calls we made recorded and I recorded whenever we met him and discuss about this in my samsung galaxy tab 3

·
Super Moderator
2,116 Posts
what..!!!???
His uncle has restaurants in Australia.
So he told his uncle can sponsor around 12 visas annually.

Me and my borther-in-law met him in person and discussed with him.
He made a legal agreement with us that he will pay back all the money we spent if he could not help us to obtain a visa.

We both agreed term and conditions and signed in front of a lawyer.
Also I have all the phone calls we made recorded and I recorded whenever we met him and discuss about this in my samsung galaxy tab 3
What is your country of citizenship?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Sounds suss if you ask me.

My reasons are that anybody in Australia can be a crew member at KFC or Pizza Hut you need no skills at all.

Also the wages are well under award rate.

If it is not a scam to work in a customer service role you will need excellent English skills.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
The Australian government allows unregulated, unqualified 'agents' outside Australia to do as they please.

You have probably lost about AUD 2800 and there might not be much you can do about it.

May I suggest that you run the case past one of the registered migration agents who post on this forum?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
That sort of arrangement is definitely a scam as a) the occupation would not be eligible for a sponsored visa and b) the pay is well below the legal minimum wage.

Unfortunately these scams exist simply to steal your money. They ask for money upfront with all sorts of promises of a visa, etc. that they know perfectly well will never be available. And when you ask for your money back they simply vanish, never to be heard of again. It's an expensive lesson for people to learn.

If you are still interested in migrating, you should speak with a MARA-registered migration agent. A software engineer is definitely a position that is on the immigration skilled occupation list, so you'd need to see if you have enough qualifications, experience, etc. to reach the needed points towards a visa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.