Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to apply for a 309/100 partner visa in the next six months.

On here, I see people listing waiting times for various embassies. What decides which embassy processes the application? As it's all online I don't send any paper anywhere, initially.

We have homes in several countries, and are retired. Since we met, and later married, we've been splitting our time between the homes (including Australia), and lots of travel.

It's hard to say which one is the "permanent" home as I'm not yet allowed to list the Australia home as that (I assume), and my Australian wife isn't a resident of the other countries, yet we live together all the time (just not all the year round in one place). Any suggestions on the best way to handle this, and what effect will it have on which embassy processes it?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know the legal technicalities of "home" for your visa, but I suggest it might help your decision if you start by considering do you have one or more places called "home" that you have used for getting various official documents? Some examples might be passport application, income tax returns, travel insurance, election voting registration, national identity document, pension, bank accounts, medical insurance, investments. Are they all the based on the same "home" or different "homes"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.