Australia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels like i've been ripped off when i had to gather and prepare all the documentation myself, i barley get any feedback from the agent either since they are so busy with other applications.

Does anyone know a decent agent in Sydney that will actually help properly review my documents? Like wtf am i paying them for? At this point i'm thinking of just cutting my losses and lodging the application myself since the migration agent i got seems lazy and will probably take forever to lodge it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Feels like i've been ripped off when i had to gather and prepare all the documentation myself, i barley get any feedback from the agent either since they are so busy with other applications.

Does anyone know a decent agent in Sydney that will actually help properly review my documents? Like wtf am i paying them for? At this point i'm thinking of just cutting my losses and lodging the application myself since the migration agent i got seems lazy and will probably take forever to lodge it.
i wouldn't trust any anybody,
they work for money
once they got your money goal reached,
because they have perfect excuse " partner visa take time "
better to do it yourself,

· Registered
895 Posts

Well they can't get the docs for you. But the lack of feedback is a concern.
Their job is basically to advise and guide you and answer any questions. Review and ensure the application is completed and lodged properly and the strongest case possible is presented. Ect.

· Registered
895 Posts
i wouldn't trust any anybody,
they work for money
once they got your money goal reached,
because they have perfect excuse " partner visa take time "
better to do it yourself,
I've always had a problem with that argument for any type of work.
Yes 99% of the working population does it for money. That is the main reason we work.
Partner visas can certainly be donee without the assistance of a agent but not by everyone. Personally i took 6 months researching visas and spent 3 months doing the forms and collating evidence.

· Registered
46 Posts
Hi there,
I've done my 820/801 then my citizenship application all by myself. No migration agent.
And it did not take 6 months researching nor 3 months doing it!!!
It's a pretty straight forward exercice as long as your relationship is genuine and that you've kept all basic proof of it. Photos, airline tickets, house bills, membership of same clubs.... Nothing more than what happens when 2 persons live together. No more. No less.
It probably took me no more than 2 days and a scanner for the main application.
It is not rocket science. Just a matter of putting documents that every couple who live together must have.
2 friends were quite happy to write a little note on our couple and went to the local chemist with a copy of their passport to have the while thing certified.
What took a bit of time was waiting for the police checks but no more than 1 week.
And fir the list of my previous trip to Australia, the request for the listing of all my travel worked a treat and allowed me to write the right dates.
So if your case is genuine, do it yourself. You'll save money and will know exactly where you stand.
Good luck.

· Registered
22 Posts
It can be frustrating when you feel like your migration agent is not providing the level of service you expect, especially when you are paying them for their expertise.
If you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving from your current agent, it may be worth reaching out to other agents for a consultation. Look for agents with good reviews, who specialize in the type of visa you are applying for, and who are registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA).
You can also consider lodging the application yourself, but it's important to keep in mind that the process can be complex and mistakes can delay or even result in a refusal of your application.
As for feedback, the case officers are the one who are responsible to provide feedback on the progress of your application, it's important to keep in mind that they are dealing with large volume of applications and it may take some time to get a response.
It's good to keep in touch with your agent and ask for updates, but also keep in mind that the best way to get feedback is through the immi account.

· Registered
7,371 Posts
Not everyone needs a migration agent, but these two, that regularly post here, seem better than some.

Paul Hand
Registered Migration Agent: 1801974
SunCoast Migration Ltd.
suncoastmigration.com

Westly Russell
Registered Migration Agent: 0316072
pinoyau.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts